• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    My favorite game started like this

(this of course is genuine)
    Wow.

Did you move the settler over to the river?

Comment

Ah well,
      My first game won on Emperor, huge map, 16 civs, a Perfect Peacenik game ( I never went to war, not even once). Won the space race with 25'000+ gold, 3 techs advance, 2 military units (2 galleys!!!).
      I also remember it fondly because I posted the most %$^**& thread in 'poly: 'All Hail Mountain Sage the Magnificent'.

I was young then... and inexperienced......
      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

I started a single player game on a tiny map with 12 civs the other day and it started out very well. I built up a decent number of cities and didn't attack anyone. Then the Romans declared war on me for no reason and everyone jumped into the war. I made peace with the Romans but others continued to fight. I couldn't make peace with everyone and after a number of turns the Romans declared war again. I eventually stamped out the Romans but right now I'm at war with nearly everyone and my nation is in a shambles because of war weariness. I think I'll just quit the game since there seems to be no way to return to peace.

My favourite civ games these days are my PBEM games. They're very slow but extremely enjoyable because of diplomacy. Now that I have broadband hooked up at my house I might try some multiplayer games.
        Formerly known as Masuro.
        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

My favourite civ game is not civ3 at all, it is my first win on emperor-level on the original civilization. I remember it so well because I had to fight so long and hard just to stay alive.

Wonder if I still has the save
          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I played a large diety map on pangea.

In the end only the french, russians and i (arabs) were left. Since all of our reputations were totally ruined it ended up like Orwells 1984 with two power always ganging up on the bigger one. I've never seen so many broken alliances.

The russians won a score victory when we hit time limit. Because fo the eternal war (going on since mid medieval ages) we were just in the late industrial when that happened.

Comment

Working...
            X