How long does your Civ session last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does your Civ session last?

I cant play for less than 2 hours at any time. I usually wind up playing for much longer than that because I get so hooked into the game. For days at a time. Eventually, I have to wind up taking the disks and giving them to my brother to hold so that I will stop playing. One time I was so mad for playing Civ3 too much , I smashed the disk. Months later, I found a used version for sale really cheap and then I bought it. Currently, the disks are sitting in my desk at work. Just wanted to know if I'm the only one hooked this badly...
    15 minutes
    0.00%
    30 minutes
    2.63%
    1 hour
    5.26%
    2 hours
    38.16%
    5 hours
    30.26%
    12 hours
    3.95%
    until the rooster crows
    10.53%
    until you get hungry for a banana
    9.21%

I was bad last night.

I can partially blame it on the computer clock, but most of it was me. I knew the clock was slow, but I thought it was ~20 minutes slow. Turns out it was an HOUR slow. I need to remember to fix that when I get home.

I think I fired up Civ around 8pm. I went to bed at 1am. 5 hours, then. I was sleepy at work today.

The People's Republic, however, is kicking all sorts of AI ass.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I usually play at least 2 Hrs (my record is 18 ) On average I probaby play around 3-4 hrs at a time)
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

two hours

Comment

At the start of the game I like to put it at least a couple of hours to get my civ up and running. After that I can play as little as a half hour or so at a sitting, unless at war. I will play wars out until their end no matter how long that takes - because if I don’t, I sometimes lose track of what I was thinking the day before, and lose units stupidly.

But to answer the question at hand, usually, I put in about an hour and a half to three hours.
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

On days I play like today, I will play right after I get up and check the email/web. Stop either around midnight or when I go to bed. That is sometimes I stop for an hour before going to bed, others I play till 1am or so and then go to bed. I will take breaks to get a haircut or something. But then, I have all day to do anything I feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              I will take breaks to get a haircut or something.
              Now THAT is funny.

You could be a spokesman for Firaxis.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Not right now, since the game crashes so often. Well actually the current test has managed to run last night and all today, so maybe it will be fix soon.

Comment

I toned it down last night. Only 2.5 hours.

India, Japan, Mongolia destroyed. Korea's on deck.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

There was a time, when I easily could play 12 hours or more at once. It's down to at most 1-2 hours now.

Comment

In general, I play until dawn, when I do play. But sometimes, my sessions last as little as two hours.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

four hour

Comment

Varies from a quick hour to anything up to 5 maybe 6 hour sessions. When I first play a new game though like RON the other week I can go right through the night without realising, but it saves you having to get up for work
                          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Definition of a lightweight - someone who can count the number of hours they play.

Comment

It varies for me... during the week, or if I'm wrestling with a bastard like AU 208, only a couple of hours at a time.

This weekend, though, my fiancee will be away, it's a long weekend, andthe weather is supposed to be crappy.
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                              X