X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFF-TOPIC Q.

Originally posted by madosca
    GUFNORK,
    SORRY FOR THE OFF-TOPIC QUESTION BUT HOW DI YOU ATTACH THE MINIMAP IN YOU INITIAL THREAD?
    PRECISELY HOW DI YOU COPY AND HOW DI YOU ATTACH IT?
    tHANKS
    WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
      Nothing you mentioned is wrong, but it is not important either. What happens to you when you have just gotten peace after a many wars or a long war. Then the MPP kicks in? It is not even a question of me not sending troops, I wanted to avoid WW. I wanted some down time, so the citizens will relax. If I did not want these things, I would never have accepted peace in thte first place.
      Yes this is the largest fault with MPP's but this is actuallly a minor inconvienience.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

RoP sneak attacks have happened to me quite a bit, and I don't even play deity. It's a normal thing.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
          What I love is giving Rops to the two civs i'm between and are at war with each other. Then I see streams of units fighting each other in my territory. I like to watch the carnage and figure that my roads will allow them to hurt each other more faster, and not just get bored after a few turns and make peace.
          what's even better is to open and close passageways to each side. One time, I created a roadblock so that I could let the troops through or not as I deemed necessary and thus help the weaker civ not get destoryed.
          badams

Comment

On this map the luxuries were spread evenly so that both the mongols and indians had the same luxuries I had. And breaking the RoP:s weren't that important either, the key issue is that I ended up being at war with the world, something I certainly can't handle on Deity, despite the military alliances and RoP:s. Maybe I need to reconsider MPPs, If this happens I'll be screwed, so I have to live with unwanted wars.

Comment

this one time, I signed a MPP with a powerful civ, and the civ I was already fighting actually stopped advancing into my territory to avoid triggering the MPP.. even when I left several workers near my boarder, the AI wouldn't take the bait.

Similarly, I've seen the AI cancel MPPs with one another when one civ has been thrust into war.

Comment

Originally posted by badams52

what's even better is to open and close passageways to each side. One time, I created a roadblock so that I could let the troops through or not as I deemed necessary and thus help the weaker civ not get destoryed.
                done and done. enjoyed doing it. like those games where I can do this. makes more enjoyable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaSoup
                  this one time, I signed a MPP with a powerful civ, and the civ I was already fighting actually stopped advancing into my territory to avoid triggering the MPP.. even when I left several workers near my boarder, the AI wouldn't take the bait.

Similarly, I've seen the AI cancel MPPs with one another when one civ has been thrust into war.

MPP's Can't be cancelled (a war declaration is the only exception) that is the main reason I prefer them to Alliances. The AI's can make peace, but the MPP will still be active.
                  * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                  * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                  * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                  * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

You know, nuclear weapons could be useful in that situation (a heckuva lot of them)

Comment

Yeah, that would take care of those elephants and keshik they were invading me with, that's true...

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        You know, nuclear weapons could be useful in that situation (a heckuva lot of them)

A basic truth, for all occasions.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

long live alliances

then turn their cities into ruins
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                          X