New levels for posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New levels for posters?

Since we will now have a new level or two in C3C, will that translate to one for posting?

No, in the same way the existing ones weren't renamed when Civ3 came out ... after all, it's in honour of CivII!

Comment

Makes sense, but it would be a small bone to throw out for the fans.

Comment

[voice of an old apolytoner]
        Yes, but this site is so much more than just Civ 3.
        [/voice of an old apolytoner]
        badams

Comment

It would be nice if they could, but the problem I see is similar to what badams52 said. Pretty soon the RoNers would want names...and then the MOO3ers...etc, etc.

Comment

Besides, when (and if) I ever make Deity, I would rather not be labled "Sid" - Deity is fine, God is Fine, His Omnipotence ( ) is fine ... but not Sid!

Comment

Well the other parts of the site have not affected the naming so I don't see why it should. It is a long way form 3,000 to 10,000 or whatever the numbers are.
              Demi at 6,000 or there abouts would not hurt anyone.
              RoN, talk to me about it when it has been around a few years please. It is not written anyway that anyone will care about two years form now.
              Moo3, now that is funny, even a sick Moo player like me dropped it.

Comment

Hmm, does RON have creative names for its difficulty levels, or would we actually observe the phenomenon of people wanting to be called 'Moderate', 'Very hard', etc? That would be quite amusing.

Comment

Apparently, there is no way to add a new poster level in the code itself. Check the Community Forum.
                  cIV list: cheats
                  Now watch this drive!

Comment

vxma1: if you really want to suggest this, I suggest you bring up the topic in the community forum where the mods and owners watch the threads more closely.

/me waits for a new thread to be posted which turns into yet another civ II v. civ III apolyton flame war.
                    badams

Comment

I was not sure where it should have gone, but I am not interested in it enough to post it again. It had just crossed my mind. Not a big deal.

Comment

New idea: self-referential Aployton levels.

vxma1
                        panag
                        Catt
                        HappySunShine
                        /me
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: New levels for posters?

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          Since we will now have a new level or two in C3C, will that translate to one for posting?
                          hi ,

it was asked on Dan Q if he would include " demi-G-D " and " Sid " but it cant be done , ..........

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                            [voice of an old apolytoner]
                            Yes, but this site is so much more than just Civ 3.
                            [/voice of an old apolytoner]
                            You are a newbie.

Comment

This topic is being discussed in the Community forum right now. Dan's answer is No.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X