Can a sole source be exhausted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a sole source be exhausted?

If I have, for example, one source of saltpepper (no trade), can it be exhausted?

All resources except horses and rubber can be exhausted unless you change it in the editor.
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

... but remember, strategic resources are never exhuasted, they just move.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        ... but remember, strategic resources are never exhuasted, they just move.
        But not always to your teritory.
        I had times when a source was exhausted and appeared in an AI city next to me

Comment

rubber doesn't run out?
          resources move?
          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

How does a resource run out? If you have your workers use it? What if you just leave it alone (but are still connected to it)? Or is it just random chance?
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

If it is connected to a road, it can run out. Even if you aren't building units that require it.

The rates (actually it's a random percentage chance) at which they run out are in the editor (and my testing shows that the numbers are correct).
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
                rubber doesn't run out?
                resources move?
                Yup, rubber and Horses never run out.
                I think by move they mean that other resources can be used up. They could then appear some place else in the map and if you are lucky it could be within your empire.

Comment

It is even possible for it to be exhausted, but reappear in the exact same spot

Comment

Yes

Comment

I have observed that apparently, you can prevent the resource to disappear if you reload one turn before and move an unit on the resource location. However it may have changed with one of the patch.
                      "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Menlas
                        I have observed that apparently, you can prevent the resource to disappear if you reload one turn before and move an unit on the resource location. However it may have changed with one of the patch.
                        This could work because many actions use the RNG and if it happens in a different order it could not get selected for moving. BTW, this is known as cheating
                        Seemingly Benign
                        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                          This could work because many actions use the RNG and if it happens in a different order it could not get selected for moving. BTW, this is known as cheating
                          Yes, but it's mush easier bu just turning off the preservation of the seed. Then you could just reload and do the same things but have a chance that it will not disappear. (But that's the Civ2 way of cheating )
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Civ 1 cheating was the beat. Every time you reloaded, all your units got another turn of movement!
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

That's not cheating, that is optimizing your way of playing
                              "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X