Scoring and ratings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring and ratings...

I'm not sure if these are connected, but I have three simple questions. First off, how do I increase my score? I always seem to start off well but score levels off and I end up in last place for this category. My second question deals with the civ rankings that come up from time to time. What's the trick to it? How do I get a higher rating? And finally the leader rating at the end of a game. Same question, what is it looking for? Thanks.

~GC

A lot of excellent info on the scoring system here: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3acad_maxscore.shtml
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

"My second question deals with the civ rankings that come up from time to time"

if you'll notice, they'll be different things such as "the happiest civs", "most powerful civs, "largest civs", and maybe another one, not sure. i've heard they pop up every 1000 years, but havent verified that yet. from looking at them, i'd assume they are simple, such as the happiest civs having the highest approval rating, most powerful with the largest/strongest army, and largest the civs with the most territory.
      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Re: Scoring and ratings...

Originally posted by Caligo
        I'm not sure if these are connected, but I have three simple questions. First off, how do I increase my score? I always seem to start off well but score levels off and I end up in last place for this category. My second question deals with the civ rankings that come up from time to time. What's the trick to it? How do I get a higher rating? And finally the leader rating at the end of a game. Same question, what is it looking for? Thanks.

~GC
        To increase your score you could turn off all condition, except conquest. Play the game out to year 2050. This is a milk run. You capture all the land and leave one city standing. Crank up the lux to get max happiness to increase those points. Get all the tech and wonders.
        Increase the level of difficulty.
        Ignore those post about ranking in the game. They are just an alert. If you will you will be rank number one, so all intermediate score mean noting.
        You will need to win with a large margin, have very happy citizens. It is not hard to get Joan the magnificent. In the modern age, get all the lux types and have markets. Build the happy structres (temple, cath etc). Try to get some of the happy wonders. No pop rushing gov after ancient times, or etter yet at all.
        Other factors come in, but you get the drift.
        The other way is to do about the opposite. Bust the game in a very short time. You can get outrageous score by winning in the first day or as close to as you can. Yes it can be done.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've suddenly become addicted to this game. vmxa1, when you say win in the first day do you mean on the first turn?

Comment

Yes but it just a trick. You do something like make map with only one tile that can be colonized. You go first and use the settler and the other civs will not be able to have a town. Game over.
            On a tiny map you could win very early and get a large score. I forget the high end, but score could go around 30k.
            I do not even remember my scores, I tend to click my out of the game once it ends.
            I seem to recall about 7k as a decent score. I just peeked at mine and it only has the last game on a std map at emp. It was not a scoring run and was only 4600's.

Comment

Isn't Aeson's record score about 65,000?
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Could be, I only remeber some talk and some scores in the 30's. I do not know if that is the limit or not and it was before PTW, so maps are even bigger now.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                  Isn't Aeson's record score about 65,000?

hi ,

some one claimed at cfc he got over 140 000 , ..... two months ago , ......

is this possible , ......

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

vmxa1... that is quite an idea... never thought of it myself... but I don't get how you could get such a high score by winning the game that early....
                    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                    rocking on everest

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
                      vmxa1... that is quite an idea... never thought of it myself... but I don't get how you could get such a high score by winning the game that early....
                      hi ,

check the GOTM pages at www.civfanatics.com , its surprising to see what scores can be achieved , ......

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
                        The bonus for winning fast is very large by winning right away. It takes very little time to make a map with all water, except one small island. The land can be any size, so long as only one tile can be settled.
                        You cold make it a huge map and lots of civs, if you want.

Comment

the trick is a tiny pangea map with aztecs, egyptians, or iroquois. it is a slaughter... but on higher than regent make sure to not face any militaristic or scientific civs (especialy not scienitific), as they start with free archers/spears instead of warriors.

Comment

The maximum early win bonus is 2050 minus the year of victory (treat BC years as a negative number) so that is: (2050-(-4000))= 6050* difficulty level (deity=6), so that is 36300, add to that a few more points for your 1 city, and you get 36360, or something like that.

You can score higher than that if you play on a huge map and milk to 2050 AD. Aeson's game had all victory conditions ON (he avoided triggering the victory conditions until the last turn).

I don't believe the 140,000 score, unless they turned off domination and gave themselves a whole bunch of settlers at the start.

Comment

Working...
                            X