Monarchy or Communism ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarchy or Communism ?

Assuming Republic is not an option, which is a better government form for warfare - Monarchy or Communism?

It really depends on how you want to conduct the war. Communism is good for pop rushing units if you're low on gold and it has the added feature of reducing corruption in your far-flung cities at the expense of your core (not always a great thing IMHO ). Monarchy is the far better option if you have gold in the bank and don't want to mess with your core city's corruption.

Comment

I prefer Monarchy of the two. Crippling my core cities by Communism is unbearable.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Why is Rep not an option, not researched? If you are concerned about WW, it is not a problem, if they start the wars and you have luxs.

Comment

Why is Rep not an option, not researched? If you are concerned about WW, it is not a problem, if they start the wars and you have luxs.

Comment

Monarchy or Communism?
            Given these choices, I'd pick anarchy.

Comment

I would prefer monarchy over communism. I hate the whip, refuse to use it.

Maybe the new conquest govts will add some spice to the choices.

Comment

Communism, unless you are already using Monarchy and aren't a religious civilization.

Comment

Re: Monarchy or Communism ?

Originally posted by SorvinoBackhand
                  Assuming Republic is not an option, which is a better government form for warfare - Monarchy or Communism?
                  hi ,

communism without a doubt

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

It depends on your game. Try out communism and if that doesn't work reload it and try monarchy. Communism should be better to make it realistic but the communal corruption hurts your core cities, where a lot of your military comes out of.
                    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I prefer Monarchy.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Depends on the time and the map.

If waging war on the own continent, Monarchy is usually better, since to bring reinforcements is usually not a problem.

If the war is on another continent pre Flight, Communism can be cool, because it makes all conquered cities halfway productive and you can produce the units where you need them. Yes, it hurts your core, but if 20 conquered cities work with 1/3 efficiency, that's like having a 7-city core on the other continent, right next to the theater of battle.

After Flight, it's a matter of taste. I'd prefer Monarchy again.

Comment

Provided you have built courthouses and police stations, the corruption your core experiences is only 4 or five shields (for production anyway, if I remember rightly).

The overall drop in corruption really does make up for this if you have a lot of cities ... in fact it more than makes up for it.

Comment

For me, depends on a few factors. If I have a particularly spread out empire, perhaps on multiple land masses, and it looks as though I will be able to wage the war without having to rush any units: Communism.

Compact empire, or a war which may need some units quickly purchased: Monarchy.

To tell you the truth, I don't believe I've ever used the pop rush. For some reason, I can't get my mind around it.
                            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Communism rule to Monarchy!

Comment

Working...
                              X