Pangea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pangea?

Lately I have been starting a few games with pangea selected. Later I find out it's not really pangea but pangea and one island. Or pangea and two islands. Or two continents. Occasionally the game will give me pangea. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

if you put it on lowest water setting, it should give you one land mass, maybe one or two new islands may be formed, possibly!
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that. I haven't messed with the water percentage yet.

Comment

I have found that on Pangea games that more often than not I will get a small island regardless of the water setting.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah, I have found the off-continent island as well. And inevitably for me it contains that lost 16th or 24th civilization, just learning to read when I swoop in with a cargo of blankets for them.

Comment

Small islands appear most of the time, but very near to the landmass (and the civ in it is usually behind in tech )
            Sos groso, sabelo!
            "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

Hi
              Just won a Diety game on a huge map pangea. It came with one island (not that small) and the Americans on it led the science race easily. In fact I overlooked them for too long assuming they would be backward.
              Managed to invade and take their aluminium and uranium just before they got ICBM,s fortunately.

Comment

I had a similiar game on monarch a while back. The Egyptions and Rome were on the same island. After Egypt eliminated Rome they were able to pull ahead of the other civs.

Comment

Yeah, I had a game like this once too, except I was the one stuck on the little tundra island in the middle of nowhere. Just when I had built my first boat, I get a message that the French had completed the Sistine Chapel. He He, I decided not to save that game.

Comment

Yeah, I have found the off-continent island as well. And inevitably for me it contains that lost 16th or 24th civilization, just learning to read when I swoop in with a cargo of blankets for them.
                    I love it when that happens-it's a great way to get leaders, and I love using bombers against primitive civs.
                    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I've found that only 10% of the my pangea games are trully pangea. And when it is not pangea, half of the times it is continents. At one point I always retired on the first turn to check out the world map to see if it wasin fact pangea. It felt bad to cheat in order to check whether the settings I selected where actually applied by the program.

Comment

Yeah I get continents a lot too. I'm almost done with one game that's just one big landmass and a couple of very small islands. I don't mind the really small islands so much but when they're big enough for one civ to prosper on it's not really pangea to me.

Comment

would anyone know if this would be to programming "error" or an attempt at being geographically accurate?

in any event, it should be understood that "pangea" means one, and only one, land mass.
                          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Most of my Civ games are on Pangea, and well over 50% are broken into 2 landmasses. Unlike continents though, the landmasses are very close so contact is still made early and early amphibious invasions possible.

It would be good to have more solid Pangeas though, please Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                            X