The Iroquois shunned and favorite government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iroquois shunned and favorite government

The Iroquois Nation was a confederacy, so why is their shunned government democracy and their favorite government despotism? It should be their favorite is a republic (or maybe democracy, what do you think?) and their shunned government monarchy (they hated the French). I already renamed their cities, and made their formal 'the Iroquois Nation' (sounds much better than just Iroquois, if you want explanation go to my other thread), but the leaders are still a problem. They are all from other tribes. The only other Iroquois leader I can think of besides Hiawatha is Sageyowatha. So I need at least two more.

Of course, the other solution is to just do what maybe was intended by FIRAXIS and just make a civ representing native Americans. Call the civ 'the Native Americans', name the cities after famous tribes, and keep the leaders. What do you guys think?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quite frankly, I don't pay any attention to the "favorite" and "shunned" governments lists for each civilization...and I always play the Iroquois (changed to be the Wyandot) in my SP and MP LAN games ... though historically, I would think that the Iroquois favorite government should be Democracy.

Comment

Re: The Iroquois shunned and favorite government

Originally posted by johncmcleod
      The Iroquois Nation was a confederacy, so why is their shunned government democracy and their favorite government despotism? It should be their favorite is a republic (or maybe democracy, what do you think?) and their shunned government monarchy (they hated the French). I already renamed their cities, and made their formal 'the Iroquois Nation' (sounds much better than just Iroquois, if you want explanation go to my other thread), but the leaders are still a problem. They are all from other tribes. The only other Iroquois leader I can think of besides Hiawatha is Sageyowatha. So I need at least two more.

Of course, the other solution is to just do what maybe was intended by FIRAXIS and just make a civ representing native Americans. Call the civ 'the Native Americans', name the cities after famous tribes, and keep the leaders. What do you guys think?

hi ,

, well the French had a monarchy but they evolved later on to a republic , ....

there is only one solution ; " the editor "

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Maybe someone from Firaxis could drop by and answer that question?

I would think Despotism is a good government for them to shun.

Making a Native American civ is a good idea. Though I think it adds to the game to have unique civs rather then generalizations.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

It doesn't really matter the shunned and favourite gov, the AI always choose Democracy or Republic as peace time and Monarchy or Communism for war
          Sos groso, sabelo!
          "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

It does not seem that shunned and favored have that much of an influence on the game.
            So until I see some impact, I don't care what they use.
            Anyway don't try to make so much of the nits such as this and traits. They have only so many and if they made them all rational and logical there would be too many with the same values.

Comment

I thought that shunned and favorite governments affected how you were percieved by other civs.

Having a favorite government of a civ helps your relations with that civ. Am I wrong in thinking this?
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I believe you are right Sheik, but the way the AI acts at times, I'm guessing it's not that big of an issue.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Native Americans? Nah, most Native Americans, as you'd call them, don't take that term seriously. I know from experience that many of them (at least the Navajo, Pueblo, and Sioux that I've known) prefer American Indian!
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,
                  Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Re: The Iroquois shunned and favorite government

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                    The Iroquois Nation was a confederacy, so why is their shunned government democracy and their favorite government despotism? It should be their favorite is a republic (or maybe democracy, what do you think?) and their shunned government monarchy (they hated the French).
                    Favourite should be Democracy, shunned Despotism.

The only other Iroquois leader I can think of besides Hiawatha is Sageyowatha. So I need at least two more.
                    Here is a list of 10 Iroquois leaders:

Kryn
                    Garangula
                    Canassatego
                    Skenandoah
                    Handsome Lake
                    Cornplanter
                    Joseph Brant
                    Sagoyewatha
                    Ely Parker
                    Descaheh
                    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Working...
                    X