What do you do with your palace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your palace?

I used to just select the coolest looking piece, so my palace had several pieces from every culture. They didn't look that bad, actually. Now, I decided to be boring and just make all the pieces from the culture of my civ. Sometimes I just cancel it and I make one big palace all it once. What do you do?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

mix and match or ignore it
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Cancel it any time it pops up and wish I could turn it off completely.

Comment

I pick one design and stay with it.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Cancel it any time it pops up and wish I could turn it off completely.

Comment

Yeah, the Palace thing just seems to get in the way. If the expansion of your Palace would give you some cultural benefit then it would be tolerable. I just don't see the point otherwise.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah, the Palace thing just seems to get in the way. If the expansion of your Palace would give you some cultural benefit then it would be tolerable. I just don't see the point otherwise.
              Oh come on, don't be a party pooper. Looking at one's palace shows the merits one has. It's great eye candy, too.

BTW why are the party hats on the smiley faces? Is it Apolyton's anniversary or something?
              "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Yes, it's Apolyton's 5th Year Anniversary.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod

Oh come on, don't be a party pooper. Looking at one's palace shows the merits one has. It's great eye candy, too.

BTW why are the party hats on the smiley faces? Is it Apolyton's anniversary or something?
                  Don't mean to be a party pooper! I do like looking at a growing Palace. It is just that it adds nothing to the game other than the eye candy. I would like to see it have a cultural effect or a diplomatic effect. If you are from an ancient age culture still palacing in a rock throne room, I think you should be intimidated in negotiations when you come to my mid-medevil palace!!
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

But I agree, something should be done with the Palace view - like having you gain culture points for the upgrades and having the option to have other players (especially in MP games) view your Palace (achievements).
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I cancel if I'm currently at war. There's no celebrating when citizens are losing their lives defending the kingdom!

When at peace, I will graciously allow my citizens to build out my palace -- as they see fit...

However, the UN is not allowed to look in there for WMD!!!!
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

It would be nice if it did actually do something. Or maybe if you could get new mods for the palace (has anyone done that, if possible?) More culture after a couple of upgrades would be nifty.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          It would be nice if it did actually do something. Or maybe if you could get new mods for the palace (has anyone done that, if possible?) More culture after a couple of upgrades would be nifty.

hi ,

, bullet holes and parts that are destroyed would be nice when in war with an other civ , .....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, bullet holes and parts that are destroyed would be nice when in war with an other civ , .....

have a nice day
                            huh? you let civs get near your palace in the late game?

Comment

Working...
                            X