Another grip on the AI: Nuclear war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another grip on the AI: Nuclear war

Could it be that the AI is very stupid about the city it bombards with ICBMs?

It bombarded 2 cities, the first succeeded and the second city fended off all of his 6 remaining nukes with SDI. I mean after the second nuke lost or so, doesnt the AI think its better to maybe throw it on a capital city?

The city it targeted was completely crap. The only thing was that it was built atop an oil resource.

Is the AI using nukes to cut one off his resources??? I think thats the complete wrong strategy. With ICBMs I would rather go for his main production cities and bomb them to death instead of wasting them on crappy cities just because there is ONE (1 of 3) oil resources there.

The other city was targeted because of an Aluminium Resource there.
    Ouch that hurt

Fact is that if he would have used all of his nukes against most major cities there would be little motiviation to play on. But that way, wasting 6 nukes on a city with SDI just because of an oil resource and nuking another because of aluminium

Any other experiences with the AI and nuclear war?

ata

Same analysis, sorry.

Comment

I guess it does use the same logic as with bombers. Maybe this can be fixed with the upcomming XP?

Comment

Our General make the same dumb targeting choise in planning for a nuclear war. We target very village hall, town hall and city hall each with 5 to 10 nuclear warhead each and
        yet our dumb war criminal general want the Soviet to surrender to them , how can they surrender it we destory all goverment centers. It show that all america general are supid.
        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
          Our General make the same dumb targeting choise in planning for a nuclear war. We target very village hall, town hall and city hall each with 5 to 10 nuclear warhead each and
          yet our dumb war criminal general want the Soviet to surrender to them , how can they surrender it we destory all goverment centers. It show that all america general are supid.
          What are you talking about? You have no idea what the targets are.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
            Wow, some things should be left alone as monuments to their own stupidity.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

What are you talking about? You have no idea what the targets are.
              For the full CharlesBHoff experience, you really must run a search on his name in the OT.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

No thanks. I just would like to see people keep politics out of the discussion on strategy. As I have said we get enough of that outside of the game.

Comment

From my experience, the AIs nuke strategy has always lacked in the smarts department. What's the point of nuking one city twice (and yes he kept attacking the same city after the first hit through the SDI) and leaving many other very productive cities alone? If you're gonna bomb, ya gotta blow the hell out of the other civ's cities and have a standing army ready for take over. Of course this was after I wiped out most of his forces from my 80+ nukes...
                  badams

Comment

I noticed the same thing in the "armageddon" save Theseus posted a while back. I believe on that turn the AI has 45 or so combined nukes to drop on you, and I sat there baffled at the targets it chose.
                    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      No thanks. I just would like to see people keep politics out of the discussion on strategy. As I have said we get enough of that outside of the game.
                      Have it your way, then...but I have to say, it's a real trip!
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

... i'm still shocked at what i have just read from CharlesBHoff
                        I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I'm not. But then again, the horrors of OT change a man

Comment

Working...
                          X