Gentlemen, its been a pleasure and an honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentlemen, its been a pleasure and an honor

Over the past couple years I have enjoyed the interaction and outright fun of these forums. I have learned much from the many incredible gamers here and think the Apolyton forums along with those at CivFanatics are the absolute best in any genre. Hands down the most mature, helpful and friendly bunch on the WWW.

I will begin my new career as a long haul trucker this weekend. I will be out of the loop for a while and just wanted to express my feelings for this community before I drop off the radar screen.

I will check in whenever im routed back home for some family time, so im not completely gone.

God help them when I get a laptop that will play Civ and have net access in my rig......."Im supposed to be where? When? Sorry, my Legions are at the gates of Beijing, give the load to someone else"

Anyway, until im able to check in again, as we used to say in the Navy "Fair winds and following seas"

Good luck!
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yes good truckin.

Comment

Keep on Truckin

Comment

Best of luck!
          "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

All your trucks belong to us j/k

Drive safe and have fun !
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

Now you'll know what it's really like to micro caravans

Good luck!
              cIV list: cheats
              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Romanus, may you have ample resources of oil! All the best!
                My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

Romanus, you'll have high speed access within a year... maybe in time for C3C.

I cross-trained with some SBS guys once, and they taught us some of the Royal Navy toasts... while I like "Fair winds and following seas," I prefer "To the wife at home and a girlfriend in every port!"

(not that that has anything to do with a long-haul trucker...)
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                  X