No announcement yet.

Trade and Supply Routes for Civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I feel that supply lines should be simply represented by forts connected to roads, and have units with operational ranges!! It will require little micromanagement-but still make long combat engagements MORE strategic in nature!!

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Another thing that needs to be added-when a unit travels on a railroad, that is the end of the turn for it. It is loaded up onto the train and can travel a very long way in one turn but it can't fight.

It is kind of dumb that a unit halfway across the world is teleported and then fights on the front.

I totally agree about

There would be less roads and Rail Roads like one to conect each city to every other city. This would make cutting the roads off more of an option. Also deffeding lines of transportation would be more important taking away some of that feel that the civ is just a collection of citys that many players dislike.
      In real life, there isn't a railroad going in every direction. Battles were fought at important transportation locations (ie The First Battle of Bull Run was fought at Manassas Junction because it was an important rail location).
      "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Remember the animation of the railroad having a train engine? Anyway I understand that the RR is hardcoded in the game. so not much is going to happen to it.

Comment

The current system is very good. Though maybe when a road is damaged the roads around it could also have a chance of being ruined.
          For your photo needs:
          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
          X