Capturing Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing Cities

Question: When capturing cities how did they determine how many improvemenmts you get???

In my current game, I investigated a target city to see its defenders and noticed it had a lot of improvements.
    When I captured it, I got only barracks & aquaduct .

The books never explain this. (They don't seem to explain a lot of things the more I play.)
    "And his word shall carry
    death eternal to those who
    stand against righteousness."

All culture improvements are destoyed (eg. Temple, Library). There may be others but I'm not certain.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Did you bombard the city with cannons or planes? How many units did you have to send to atack the city? IOW how many fights, not how many came into the city after your captured it.

Comment

FP is correct, as is vxma1 regarding bombardment. Also, GWs stay and continue to provide their unique benefits (although they no longer contribute to culture), and SWs are destroyed.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Thanks FP, that explains why no library or university. I don't bombard cities for the simple fact that I don't want improvements destroyed. I use ships, planes, & artillery to destroy roads & RRs that contact the city so the enemy uses more of his movement allowances. Get'em stacked-up outside the city then use all that bombardment to soften them up.

I used 3 tanks to take out 3 conscript infantry.

Theseus, are you sure about the culture thing when you capture GW's, because when I captured Oracle early in the game the music notes were still there.

The book did mention that small wonders are destroyed when the city is captured. One of the few things it did mention.
          "And his word shall carry
          death eternal to those who
          stand against righteousness."

Comment

Working...
          X