How can I make peace in an alliance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make peace in an alliance?

I have a mutual protection pact with the Koreans and we're both at war with the Chinese. The problem is that always when I sign a peace treaty with China, I'm forced to defend my Korean brothers in the next turn and am at war again. The same is with the Koreans: They also made peace with the Chinese once - but before it was my turn and I could make peace, too, they were forced into war again...
    Is there any possibility to get peace without betraying the Koreans and losing my alliance?!

Stay away from MPPs... far away.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The nature of an MPP is that anytime the partner is attacked or bombarded in his borders, you are drawn into war. The only way to sign a peace treaty and STAY in peace is to prevent the MPP from being activated or wait for the MPP to expire.

Unless you are religious, then use MPPs only when YOU need it (e.g., AFTER you have been attacked).

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        Unless you are religious, then use MPPs only when YOU need it (e.g., AFTER you have been attacked).
        What do you mean about being religious?

Comment

Religious civs only have one turn of anarchy when changing governments. So, changing from a peacetime (democracy, republic) govt. to a wartime (monarchy, communism) govt. would be an easy transition. That way, if an MPP is activated when you are in a peacetime govt., you would not have to waste your time in anarchy. But if you were not a religious civ, you would have to live through the agony on anarchy unless your republic or democracy can stand the war weariness.

Comment

Originally posted by Greetings
            Religious civs only have one turn of anarchy when changing governments. So, changing from a peacetime (democracy, republic) govt. to a wartime (monarchy, communism) govt. would be an easy transition. That way, if an MPP is activated when you are in a peacetime govt., you would not have to waste your time in anarchy. But if you were not a religious civ, you would have to live through the agony on anarchy unless your republic or democracy can stand the war weariness.
            Ah, that's what you meant.

Comment

I dont like MPP's at all. The AI always puts me with wars in other continents and I'm stuck doing the actuall war.

Comment

I try to avoid them as much as possible. In many of my games the AI civs seem to devolve into world wars as soon as Nationalism is discovered. I prefer to choose my own wars then get pulled into one on account of stupid AI tactics.

I once had a huge map game where the Persians were at war with 12 different civs and tried to get me to sign an MPP with them. Umm...NO!

Comment

i find that, especially if i'm the strongest civ, and a sign a MPP with a neighbor civ that i wouldn't like to fight, that, instead of both of us being secure, they'll go out and start wars with other civs for no reason, like ones on different continents.
                  I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I find MPPs especially annoying for this reason. I look forward to the glorious day when this is fixed in a patch. Either the MPP should end when one of the partners makes peace with their enemy, OR it should at least end vs that particular enemy, but remain in force vs everyone else. Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to program.
                    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

"Either the MPP should end when one of the partners makes peace with their enemy"

that could lead to a "forced peace" where maybe you dont want to end the war.

who's idea was it to make all "per turn" deals exactly 20 turns without the possibilty of changing it?
                      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

No kidding. Even if you're playing a game that is almost completely all war, twenty turns of consecutive battle is quite a bit.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius
                          I find MPPs especially annoying for this reason. I look forward to the glorious day when this is fixed in a patch. Either the MPP should end when one of the partners makes peace with their enemy, OR it should at least end vs that particular enemy, but remain in force vs everyone else. Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to program.
                          Are you talking about alliances? MPP's are not made against someone and that is why they do not expire automatically.
                          MPP is like Nato, no war is necessarily eminent, just in case one comes along we agree to be on your side.
                          Alliances are made VS another civ.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                            I dont like MPP's at all. The AI always puts me with wars in other continents and I'm stuck doing the actuall war.

hi ,

and if you dont do what you are supposed to do , your rep gets a hit , ......

this is one more reason to close an embassy with a certain civ outside war , ........

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X