Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no odd defence/attack numbers other then 1 or 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no odd defence/attack numbers other then 1 or 3?

Is there something wrong with odd attack/ defence numbers? There are none, other then 1 and 3. Everything in the game is even numbers. I want to mod some units, example, making rifle men 5/6 instead of 4/6 (I think civil war era troops are stronger then 1300's longbow men and knights) and a few other changes, a couple more odd umbered units.

My guess is to why everything is even numbers, is to make it easy for people to calculate, ex "if my 6 defence unit gets a 50% bunus, it will be 9" However, I dont want to make the changes if it will mess something up. So can anyone tell me 1) why no units have odd attack/defence values other then 1 and 3, and 2) Will everything still run smoothly with odd attack/defence values?

You can definitely make those mods. Check out the AU Mod, where we have, for example, made Rifles 5/6.

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
    X