Starting Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Location

So I finally decided to move up to Emperor, and this was the starting location. This was completely randomly generated. I don't think I've ever seen that many cows in one spot.

Too bad that the island I was on wasn't too much bigger than the starting location. By the time I got off the isle I was already 10 techs behind.

Let's try another one.
    Attached Files

Lack of shielded tiles hurts and luxs are a must at emp or deity.

Comment

How do you find Emperor? I tried it once, moving up from Monarch. About 5 or 6 turns into the game a stack of three Mongol units, including I think a couple of archers, walked past my sole city protected by my sole warrior. I haven't gone back to Emperor since.

Comment

IMHO you will never win with a bad starting position. Maybe you can survive.

It gets worse on archipelago, but the changes of ending the game are better.

Comment

The main problem with this one was the size of the island. I was only able to place a few cities (in a CttC spacing) while beelining for map making. It was slow going and I was way behind with almost nowhere to place my new cities on the main continent because the AI had already expanded there. What a waste of such a good starting location.

As to how I find Emperor, I haven't had a chance to play a new game since posting this one.

Comment

Working...
          X