Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the AI more aggressive since UK 1.21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the AI more aggressive since UK 1.21?

Hello everybody, Ive been playing my first game since installing the UK 1.21 patch for PTW and the AI seems much more aggressive.

I am playing English at regent level and seem to be stuck on a continent with the Russians, Spanish,Germans and French who seem to have all ganged up on me regardles of my dealings with them.

Its lucky that I seem to be the only civ with access to Iron and have managed to survive and are slowly turning the tables, but on the whole the AI seems far more aggressive.

In some negotiations Cathy just tells me she despises me and wont rest untill shes wiped my poor young civ out, and the Spanish keep telling how bad I smell.

I have the speeded up production on and all this has happenned BC.

Does anyone know or can confirm if the AI has been set to a more aggressive mode in this patch.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

I am playing my first UK 1.21 game and have not found the AI to be particularly aggressive.

Admittedly it is an 80% water, archipelago game but the AI's have been relatively quiet.

The thing that did worry me was the Americans marching about fifteen tiles from Washington to build New York on a chokepoint. If the AI is now programmed to seize chokepoints then life is going to get interesting.

It didn't help them much as it forced me to swordrush them and take over the whole continent. My Greeks are now the stongest civ in the game (which may explain why the AI civs are behaving themselves).
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I saw him use, for the first time, a helicopter.

He did not use it very well, but at least he tried something, that he did not do before.

So some change there.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV The thing that did worry me was the Americans marching about fifteen tiles from Washington to build New York on a chokepoint. If the AI is now programmed to seize chokepoints then life is going to get interesting.
        The AI has always been programmed to seize chokepoints...
        Mike Breitkreutz
        Programmer
        FIRAXIS Games

Comment

HEY MIKE!!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Damn T, that was fast
            -
            Has anything changed Mike?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Has anything changed Mike?
              I don't believe any changes were made to the AI for 1.21f.
              Mike Breitkreutz
              Programmer
              FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Thus that leads to a following up question,

Will there be for Conquest? (other then for new features)

Anway, good to see you still visit 'Poly
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                X