Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real problem with Difficulty Levels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow i think you guys are being harsh. The AI in Civ3 is why i keep coming back to this game, and it's a signficant achievement in game development.

Everything said is valid, the only change in difficulty should be better AI, but cars should run on water & air and we should be able to teleport to alpha centauri by now as well.

Consider how much more complicated Civ3 is vs Chess, and then think of the massive resources dedicated to creating Deep Blue.

And consider that so far there has never been any AI that has been able to be considered even passable at playing Go.

The amount of depth the Civ3 AI has and the fact that i bought it for about how 1/2 of what my polo t-shirt cost makes Civ3 the bargain of a lifetime imho.

Comment

You're right... this is a phenomenally complex game. The AI often surprises me in its ingenuity (sp?) and makes it a different challenge every game. Admittedly I don't play as much as many of the others here so I am not as good...
      "A civilization unable to tell the difference between illusion and reality is usually believed to be at the tail end of its existence" - John Ralston Saul

Comment

Working...
      X