Planting Spy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planting Spy's

I just failed to plant a spy on the Russians. So, how many turns should I wait before I try again? According to some of the post here, the number is '5'. Is this accurate? Would attempting multiple spy plants on the same turn be fruitless? Would each attempt increase the chance of a DOW when the spy is caught?

Ision
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

on monarch i've failed one turn and succeeded the second. But I have tried several times in one turn with one civ (as a test) and if it failed once, it will not work that turn no matter how many times I've tried. But if I've failed with one civ in one turn, I have succeeded in planting a spy in a dif civ in the same turn.

EDIT: I keep the seed on so maybe that has an effect on the results?

Since I'm usually at war with them when I plant, I don't know about the DOW part. Anytime I wasn't at war and attempted they usually declare war on my first attempt and always on my second.
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

i've only once had the AI declare war on me for attempting to plant a spy. they were furious, and i'd just fought numerous wars with them (broken the peace treaty twice). i was surprised when they declared war.

oddly, when you attempt to uncover an AI spy and fail, the advisor tells me that whoever is threatening retaliation, even when they're still polite...
      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
        i've only once had the AI declare war on me for attempting to plant a spy.
        Hmmm... maybe the AI is out to get me?

(No, I'm not paranoid...

ARE YOU looking at me????)
        If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
        Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

how exactly do you know the AI has a spy in your civ? im never really sure if the AI is "checking" up on me. does anyone know how to realize if the AI has a spy planted in your civ?

Comment

You don't.
            All you can do is try uncover him. (which is rather pointless in SP, since the AI has this info anyway.)
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

All you can do is try uncover him. (which is rather pointless in SP, since the AI has this info anyway.)
              Which is a little confusing, since I was once told the Carthaginians had been caught trying to plant a spy in my capital (if they knew it all anyways, what was the point?)

BTW, how do I attribute a quote to someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Virdrago
                BTW, how do I attribute a quote to someone?
                The easiest thing to do is hit the quote button next to the edit button of the post you want. It automatically comes up with a reply including the "originally posted by such and such" text.

Comment

"(if they knew it all anyways, what was the point?)"

the AI pretends to not know such things as what you have for units and where they are
                  I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
                    "(if they knew it all anyways, what was the point?)"

the AI pretends to not know such things as what you have for units and where they are
                    hi ,

the AI knows the map , all its resources and city locations , its never been proven that he knows where the units are , .......

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                      hi ,

the AI knows the map , all its resources and city locations , its never been proven that he knows where the units are , .......

have a nice day
                      yes, it has been.

try it yourself: leave a border city vitually undefended and he'll hit you hard. but if you put in 20 MI he won't even try to go for it.

as for the "knowing all". yes, the AI does know where resources will appear. but so do we... aproximatly. e.g. you know that a desert ist likely to have oil and salpeter. iron and coal are common in mountainy and hilly regions, etc.

but the AI is fair. he does send out his units to scout the region. he won't be tempted to settle on a spot he hasn't uncovered yet (so if you can chase him away every turn, he won't get to see that nifty peninsula with those 8 luxury resources ;-)
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf

yes, it has been.

try it yourself: leave a border city vitually undefended and he'll hit you hard. but if you put in 20 MI he won't even try to go for it.

as for the "knowing all". yes, the AI does know where resources will appear. but so do we... aproximatly. e.g. you know that a desert ist likely to have oil and salpeter. iron and coal are common in mountainy and hilly regions, etc.

but the AI is fair. he does send out his units to scout the region. he won't be tempted to settle on a spot he hasn't uncovered yet (so if you can chase him away every turn, he won't get to see that nifty peninsula with those 8 luxury resources ;-)
                        hi ,

its ease to see a border city , .....

if you put one unit there thats the one the AI sees , he does not see all the other units , ....... or does he , ..... there was a thread inwhere this was explained , and the answer was given by Firaxis in a chat a long time ago , .....

, Firaxis , Mike , Soren could you comment on this , ......

thanks in advance

have a nice week
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                        X