a slight annoyance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a slight annoyance

It annoys me that when playing a game with more than eight civs, you won't be able to see them all on the foreign advisor screen. It's hard to keep track of who has mpp with who if they aren't on that screen. I wish they had fixed it in the previous patches, maybe they'll do it in conquest, but probably not.

You can't see them all at the same time, but you can switch them out for the AI civs you can't see with PTW and it's patches.

It would be nice however if they allowed all of them to be seen at one time, if for nothing else the reason you stated. Hint, hint Atari.

Comment

Yeah i agree, being able to see all the civs and their relations to one another at the same time would be extremely helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
        Yeah i agree, being able to see all the civs and their relations to one another at the same time would be extremely helpful.
        Yes, but it would be terrific with 31 civs!
        Nym
        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

You'd probably need to play the game using two monitors.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: a slight annoyance

Originally posted by meps
            It annoys me that when playing a game with more than eight civs, you won't be able to see them all on the foreign advisor screen. It's hard to keep track of who has mpp with who if they aren't on that screen. I wish they had fixed it in the previous patches, maybe they'll do it in conquest, but probably not.
            hi ,

get PTW , then you can change them all if you want

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Clearly the only solution to this problem is to destroy the other civs until there are only eight left.
              "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                Clearly the only solution to this problem is to destroy the other civs until there are only eight left.
                That IS the best solution. But if you're playing a builder game then it's not so easy. If I haven't destroyed enough civs to make the advisor screen palatable then I tend to just keep the "superpowers" up and occasionally check on the "second tier". It's not always the perfect solution though.

Comment

What is MPP again, Mutual Pummeling Pact?

Actually, I tend to keep my 7 closest neighbors in the advisor's screen. Of course, these change with time as I absorb my neighbors.
                  My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

For the record, you don't need PTW to switch the cives, just SHIFT-right click on the civ you want to change and you get a list of the other civs availible.

Comment

I just keep whoever is closest to me and is worth keeping an eye on, and then anyone else who is a "superpower" (or any sort of power).

Being a builder, I generally don't absorb too many neighbors

Comment

Being a builder, I generally don't absorb too many neighbors

You will Luke, you will

Seriously, I don't know what level you are playing, but the more up you go , the more warmonger you (have) to be.
                        The longer you stay here, the better you will get...
                        So if you want to stay a builder, run..., run I tell you
                        (just kidding, well sort of)
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I always have played Monarch...

Maybe I should increase the pressure... Emperor perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                          X