No announcement yet.

The highest price the AI has paid you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The highest price the AI has paid you?

Well I wanted to see how others manage to rip the money of the ai. In my current game I manage to make a monopoly on wines simply because there were all in one place . I'm selling to everyone that can afford my prices. For example i'm curently selling to the Ottomans for 97GP has anyone made more by a luxory?

He it's kind a fun to see how the AI can;t evolve since all it's money is given to buy ressources from me.

What I do to rip off the AI is sell them resources that don't matter anymore. I'll be in the late industrial after iron and saltpeter are of any use and I'll sell them to the AI and they'll pay a lot for it. This might have been fixed in a patch or PTW though.

I can never get anything out of trades. I think it's because I usually make 1 or 2 wars of conquest at the beginning of the game.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

once shaka asked if he should pay me his oldest son

cheers

Comment

When initiating a trade, I think the most I have ever gotten was 19 GPT. But I had a recent game where the AI asked to buy my goods, and they offered more than that, up to 32 GPT as I recall. But I've not had excessive offers of money in cash, most of the better deals have been on credit (GPT).

I would consider the best deals as you are about to destroy a Civ, and they give you a city, all their gold (which usually isn't much at that point) and also a tech that you have by-passed.

I usually don't worry too much about getting a world map in a trade. I know that some civ will offer it in a peace treaty sooner or later. That too is a lucrative deal, because I usually re-negotiate deals the AI offers. If I don't like their offer, I usually get some gold by selling them my world map. 5 gold for a world map adds up when you get it every 2 to 4 turns!

(P.S. to johncmcleod: In the Bible, Psalm 147:4 says: "He (God) determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.")
        Last edited by Quasar1011; June 10, 2003, 17:52.
        My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

in one game when i was the only superpower, the zulu and ottomans would've paid 400 per turn for a MPP and ROP. this was on a huge map.
          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

In the game I had just finished, my only scientific rivals, the Greeks were being annoying as they discovered computers before me (they even managed to get SETI before me ! )

I ruined them completely by selling them environmentalism for ~1500 gold lump and ~470 gpt. After that, they didn't make a dime a turn, and I could continue on my way to scientific domination
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hey i was talking GPT too not cash 97GPT sorry

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                What I do to rip off the AI is sell them resources that don't matter anymore. I'll be in the late industrial after iron and saltpeter are of any use and I'll sell them to the AI and they'll pay a lot for it. This might have been fixed in a patch or PTW though.
                Iron is extremely importand through the whole game.

You need it to build railroads.

cheers

Comment

The greatest deal I ever achieved was with the Babylonians. I sold them ecology for 500gpt and something else.
                  Nym
                  "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Well

I figure if they have that kinda money I haven't been kicking enough butt throughout the game so I must step up my crushing of their little heads...

(HAH - I wasn't like this before reading this forum you know...)
                    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
                    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Re: The highest price the AI has paid you?

Originally posted by BulMaster
                      Well I wanted to see how others manage to rip the money of the ai. In my current game I manage to make a monopoly on wines simply because there were all in one place . I'm selling to everyone that can afford my prices. For example i'm curently selling to the Ottomans for 97GP has anyone made more by a luxory?

He it's kind a fun to see how the AI can;t evolve since all it's money is given to buy ressources from me.
                      hi ,

3000 plus gpt from the indians to get uranium in the year 1990 , .....

but what does the ai do , at turn 19 he has no more money , the indians started to sell off buildings , ......

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

well the ai can be stupid some time

Comment

I have achieved my biggest deal yesterday: 503gpt from France for Atomic Theory.
                          I sold it to India the same turn for about 200gpt.

Nym
                          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

hi ,

btw , never sell inbetween turns

and sometimes you can sell or get one tech and after that deal you can extort some more out of them , ....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                              btw , never sell inbetween turns

and sometimes you can sell or get one tech and after that deal you can extort some more out of them , ....
                              That's a definite no-no that a lot of people make when they are starting out (I know I did). If you sell or trade a tech on the AI turn, then they will often turn around and sell it to the other AI civs on their turn. If you wait until your turn then YOU can sell the tech to all the other civs (if you so desire) and reap the reward instead of the AI.

Comment

Working...
                              X