what do these numbers mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do these numbers mean?

couldn't find it in the manual or FAQ. in the info box there are three numbers after gov't, what do they mean?

example: Persia - Despotism (4.5.1).

what do 4,5 & 1 mean.

answer first, laugh at the newbie second.

They show the ratio of how you are spending income between science, tax, and luxuries.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

commerce split up, as WrapStorm said. it's a ratio, but it'sd always the percentage/10 (ie, it can say 5.5.0 and it will not be changed to the ratio 1:1:0)
      so your numbers mean
      40% tax
      50% science
      10% luxery
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Funny how this question often returns.
        Nym
        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Yeah, it took me ages to figure this one out...Firaxis, next time, put everything in the manual

(Actually, don't, then I couldn't spam like this )
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Does the released Strat guide help here? The PtW one was kinda crap, and there's volumes not documented that has been found out here.

A "Best of Apolyton" undocumented features and hints would be pretty coll, yes?

If only...
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

i've never figured this out and i've been playing civ3 since release

it's just one of those things that don't matter when playing the game

cheers

Comment

MWIA... are you volunteering..... if so, I wish you luck.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

When I took a look at the Civ III manual, there is a clear illustration of the "info box" which explains all the other information found there, but these numbers do not even appear.

Nice.
                  "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
                  X