'Neo-Tokyo' and 'Not Constantinople'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Neo-Tokyo' and 'Not Constantinople'

It's known since before that there a Greek city is named Apolyton, and a scandinavian city is named Thunderfall. It's allso know that instead of New Tenochititlan you get Mingapulco. These aren't howver the only City name easereggs. I've found two more of the same type as the Mingapulco easeregg. The first one is that, for Ottomans instead of New Istanbul you will get Not Constantinople, and the second one is for Tokyo (yes, not a capital city).
    New Tokyo is replaced with Neo-Tokyo
    I've some some tests using debug mode, and some extra startsettlers and I've figured that it you can still edit the city list and the same name still gets replaced.

I've yet to test if it works if you give another civ any of the three cities (Tenochititlan, Istanbul and Tokyo) or if they maus be in the correct civlist. However I have reson to believe that it will work over other cities.
    Attached Files
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

This is really cool

When we are trying to build Tokyo 3, do we get the name of the Evangelion series ? (Dai Sen Shin Tokyo Shi IIRC)
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I was following Gramphos's tests on ICQ. For those interested, Neo-Tokyo is an anime reference. So it would seem someone at Firaxis is into anime

('Not Constantinople' should pretty much speak for itself)
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yep, Neo Tokyo is the place where Akira is located.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

'Not Constantinople' comes from an old song--1940s, I think. Can't remember who recorded it. Chorus went something like:

"Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
          Why's it Istanbul, not Constantinople?
          That's nobodies' business but the Turks."
          "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

They Might Be Giants. Album name is 'Flood'
            ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I'm pretty sure that They Might Be Giants were covering the song. My parents used to play that song all the time, and I know they were'nt listening to They Might Be Giants. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the name of the artist(s) who originally sang the song.
              “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
              they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

"Istanbul" 1953

Words by Jimmy Kennedy
                Music by Nat Simon
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

An easier way to test it is just go into the scenario editor and start plopping down cities.

Comment

It may very well not work in the editor...
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                      "Istanbul" 1953

Words by Jimmy Kennedy
                      Music by Nat Simon
                      Thank you ! Who recorded it? Before TMBG, that is. That's still a marginally on topic question. I heard it on the NPR show 'American Routes' about a year before I started Civving, and got a kick out of seeing it in PtW.
                      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

old news
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Old to some, new to others. I haven't memorised all the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            old news
                            I did a search, ad I didn't find a thread on this on Poly.

But then again, I missed amny threads posted while I was in the army.
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

its only been listed under easter egg threads, noone's actually brought a screenshot
                              ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Working...
                              X