A better startup for the new XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A better startup for the new XP

It seems to me that it takes a long time between starting PTW and actually playing a game. Here is a proposal for a new interface:

Hopefully, Firaxis will set the intro to not play after the first time you start the game. It gets lame after the 100th load. The startup screen has the standard scenario, load, multiplayer, etc. buttons. Below these choices are toggle buttons for starting a game on a random map. The saved games list is already on the right, and when you highlight the game the minimap appears above it.

If the screen seems too cluttered, the new/old interface could be toggled in the preferences or something.

LAME PAINT CONCEPT

What do you think- ? ? ?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

I doubt you would want to show the map for all saved games, as this would be considered cheating to a lot of people.

Comment

The map would be the minimap from the game- with the standard black over undiscovered tiles and colored territory...
      cIV list: cheats
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

add "playintro=0" to the end of the PTW.ini file and you won't have to wait for that movie to play, it just goes straight to the menu.

As for the idea... I really like it. The only thing left out is the ability to choose the AI civs, or the number of AI civs. I don't know if there is anywhere to put that so everything will fit on a screen.

I really like the idea of having the saved game list right there in front of you, good thinking.

Comment

agreed, the map is also good, as i always have several games in-progress on my computer, and i hate quickly loading one, only to have to go back and load it again. maybe this would help reduce that. i like the map idea.
          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Working...
          X