Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play with accelerated production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play with accelerated production?

I don’t know which I like better. I like building units fast, but I don’t like my cities running out of things to do.
    Yes
    21.82%
    No
    78.18%

Ok, I will be first to say I do not use accelerated production.

Comment

I do not use accelerated production either.

I will be the first to say that there is no banana option.

Comment

Tried it once. I think I was playing a DEBUG game to test some editor mods. I have no need to play Acc Prod, since I have no problem with my large-map games lasting a few weeks.

Comment

I will be the first to say this:
          In MP i use accelerated production.
          In SP I never use Accelerated Production. I know when I start a single player game of Civ3 this game will last several hours.

See ya
          bleh

Comment

Never have, and it doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe one of these days...

Comment

Tried it once or twice. It just didn't feel right.
              "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

I can relate to what everyone is saying here. I played with it in multiplayer, and I see the advantage there because the length of everyones playing time is much shorter, and you are almost never going to get everyone to come back at the same time. But in single player, I agree, it doesn't feel right. Too fast.

Comment

I never use AP. Not in single games, not in MP. I don't like it at all. But then, I only play PBEM, so maybe for a fast MP I'd use it.
                  "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

in SP? are you mad?

BTW it would be nice to accelerate production but not research and vice versa

cheers

Comment

I like accelerated production in SP. I like having both my civ and the AI acquire techs quicker, but that's just my opinion.
                      "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
                      but when there has been naming
                      we should also know when to stop.
                      Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

I never tried it. Is it cool?
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                          I never tried it. Is it cool?
                          it is... different

cheers

Comment

That "cheers" thing, is it an idea you got from panag?
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I'm not exactlty sure why most people do not play with AP on. Perhaps they consider it a cheat. I have played with AP since it was introduced in 1.29f and I absolutely love it! The AP is not a cheat, in fact if anything it benefits the AI the most. With AP on it is nearly impossible to maintain any thing more than a 2-3 tech lead (unless you have a HUGE lead from the ancient era, but they will eventually make a comeback). The reason for this is simple; with AP the difference in production between the player and AI will be less pronounced and reduces the Ai's bad city placement and worker tasks. Of course in high levels this may be a cheat for the player (I am not sure, haven't played past Monarch) as it could lessen the relative power of the AI's bonuses it recieves.
                              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                              X