Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch info from CFC!

Look this thread:
    Hey Civ fans, guess what? I got a PM from Jeff Foley of Atari (sr. brand manager) regarding the policy for the next patch release :) This was in response to my message to Firaxis posted in the expansion thread. Jeff states that patch's are sometimes held up by 'various scheduling issues'...

What do you think?

hi ,

the problem aint with Firaxis , it lays with infogrames , ...

we could expect a change or two now atari has a couple things to say , .....

they should start to burn cd-rom with us versions only from now on including the latest patch

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Great news indeed. This change of policy is more than welcome. Really. A worldwide release is what we need in an MP game
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I guess this might be one of the reasons why we have waited so long for the European 1.21f patch. It's possible that they have skipped it starting with the localizations of the next patch instead.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Next question, what is in the patch. Anyone know?
          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
            Next question, what is in the patch. Anyone know?
            hi ,

this is in the US version ;

IMPORTANT NOTE: This patch is designed for the US version only and is incompatible with any European version of Civilization III: Play the World.

Additions in v1.21f:
            * Added support for numeric keypad special characters in edit boxes.
            * Added support for faster-loading Multiplayer saved games and scenarios.
            * Added a 'Locate City' hotkey to Multiplayer.
            * Implemented Kick in the Staging Area.
            * Added INI tweak to disable force feedback support: NoForceFeedback=1.
            * Added a civilopedia reference to 'Happy Faces' if a building produces happy faces in the city window.

Changes in v1.21f:
            * Hidden Nationality units are no longer forcibly removed from enemy territory via diplomacy.
            * Expansionist civs can no longer build Scouts when civ-specific abilities are disabled.
            * No player will be dropped within a certain timeframe of a player leaving the game.
            * The Net Setup Window has been changed to a selective asynchronous process.
            * Passwords are limited to 20 characters.
            * ICBM's can no longer auto-bombard.
            * Canceling Espionage in multiplayer no longer exits to map.
            * Non-Empty Games Filter now filters out games with only one player (the host).
            * Removed In-Progress Filter, replaced it with a Password Filter.
            * GameSpy Connect call is now non-modal, meaning it can be cancelled and will time out if it fails to connect.
            * Improved Pangaea map generation.
            * Improved random free tech selection for the Scientific civ trait.

Fixes in v1.21f:
            * Fixed bug with cultural opinion text being replaced with garbled text.
            * Non-combat unit warning message has been changed to refer to both cities and terrain improvements.
            * Fixed bug that incorrectly reported a rescued/re-captured princess as the player's princess being killed.
            * Fixed an issue with overlapping popups.
            * Fixed paste crash.
            * Fixed bug that caused players in the loss sequence to receive a popup message telling them that they won when the actual winner exits the game.
            * Fixed bug that allows users to cursor past text limits in edit boxes.
            * Fixed loading saved games status message display.
            * Fixed an out of synch related to stack movement.
            * Fixed bug where the fog of war would cover the whole screen with the exception of the last city you were viewing.
            * Fixed chat text getting cut off.
            * Fixed bug where a single player loading a hotseat or PBEM game through the setup win could not exit.
            * Reloading a game in the setup window will now show you messages again (such as Sending game to player xxx...).
            * There is no longer a 'ghost' game in the lobby, both with clicking and mouseover.
            * The lobby should no longer re-sort periodically unless you instigate it or a game is added/deleted.
            * The AI can no longer be set to player '0' (barbarian) when loading a game.
            * Fixed a bug in the spaceship screen where it would show your city on everyone screen (the city view screen).
            * Chat text will no longer persist in the diplomacy window.
            * Fixed an out of synch unique to turnless.
            * Fixed a bug where you would load a turnless save and some cities would never produce again.
            * Fixed a bug in turnless where units would simply stop moving, and cities would stop producing periodically.
            * Fixed a bug with auto-precision bombing not choosing the proper targets.
            * Fixed a bug that allowed players to change another's production after they stole their plans.
            * Fixed an out of synch related to amphibious warfare.
            * Fixed an out of synch involving nukes.
            * Fixed a plethora of problems with filters.
            * Fixed a bubble text bug with staging window.
            * Fixed a array out of bounds issue with lobby window.
            * Removed Asturias from Spanish city list.
            * Fixed typo in conquistador civilopedia chapter.
            * Correct date listed for Spain becoming a democracy in Spanish civilopedia chapter.
            * Fixed crash involving starting hotseat games.
            * Fixed the hang alive after pause bug.
            * Fixed the bug where all players would have to hit enter (occasionally) after a pause.
            * The spaceship screen will now process messages.
            * Fixed hang alive when the spaceship screen comes up over diplomacy.
            * Fixed bug (Single player and MP) where you could select a unit in an army and unload him (move him out).
            * Filters now work as an OR filter in each group, and an AND filter cross-group.
            * Fixed an out of synch caused by combat and lag.
            * Games will now report correctly, instead of everything past load game reporting as elimination.
            * Fixed an out of synch unique to eliminating a civilization.
            * Fixed the win98 modem hosting with 3+ modems connecting slowdown/lockup bug.
            * Fixed a bug where if you denied to vote on a UN leader, then no one in the game could win (they could however lose).
            * Fixed the screen slot error in MP setup screen.
            * Fixed crash when loading a save game where the host was eliminated and the new host had a different name than the next available player.
            * Fixed bug where the game would do 2 turns instead of 1 when only 1 human player (non-original host) was left in the game to defeat AI.
            * Fixed an infinite production exploit with PBEM games.
            * Fixed a display bug in the MP setup window which would keep a combo box open indefinitely.
            * Fixed graphic corruption issue in the MP setup screen when loading a PBEM game.
            * Fixed an issue where the players name would vanish if they left and then returned quickly to the lobby window.
            * Fixed bug where auto-bombard would not auto-bomb multiple terrain improvements in neutral territory.
            * Fixed the military advisor speed.
            * Fixed an out of synch with auto-precision bombing.
            * Fixed a text overwrite issue in the staging window.
            * Fixed a graphic issue where multiple leaders would be displayed in Military advisor.
            * Fixed bug with hotseat/PBEM victory conditions and rules.
            * Fixed a selection issue with the build queue in the city screen.
            * Fixed a bug where the right click menu would stay up over top of screens.
            * Fixed bug with Sentry not functioning in MP.
            * Fixed bug where you could not ask an AI civ to remove its units from your territory.
            * Fixed an out of synch involving advancing into a newly captured city tile which contained units which could be captured while the animation was onscreen.
            * Slightly increased turn-flip performance to minimize lag (especially post-turn lag) in larger games with slower machines.
            * Fixed lockup with nuke launching.
            * Fixed bug which allowed multiple instances of the same nuke to be launched.
            * Fixed remaining Hang Dead due to spaceship screen appearing over diplomacy.
            * Fixed hang alive related to auto-bombardment or bombing from a city and then tributing that city to another player.
            * Fixed crash when a mod had less than 24 races and the player chose 'Random'.
            * Fixed a bug where the settler would occasionally not build a city in MP.
            * Fixed a bug where you would lose mouse functionality in the city window.
            * Fixed a bug that when the host is eliminated the game would lock.
            * Fixed right click on an improvement from the city window referring the user to the incorrect civilopedia entry.
            * Fixed grammar issue with MPP causing a civ to declare war on you.
            * Fixed grammar issue in the spaceship screen.
            * Fixed unit movement on road after combat bug.
            * Fixed bug with unit healing.
            * Fixed bug where the game would not end synchronously on all machines.
            * Editor: Fixed memory leak.
            * Fixed several bugs involving the display of several items near and crossing the x/y boundaries of the map.
            * Fixed numerous text bugs in diplomacy.txt.
            * Fixed bug in city view screen which allowed you to give orders while a pull down menu was up.
            * Fixed a bad index to civilopedia in the city window.
            * Fixed a bug where the user could abandon all of their cities if they had more than one.
            * Fixed PathMananger infinite loop.
            * Fixed some issues with lag.
            * Fixed a bug with the civilopedia cursor.
            * Fixed a graphics issue with bombarding and interception causing a lockup and graphics corruption.
            * Fixed an out of synch involving non-stack moved settler/defender combo reporting as 'undefended' for humans.
            * Fixed an out of synch involving barbarian movement.
            * Fixed an out of synch involving combat.

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I meant the new upcoming patch. I guess noone knows but the elite few at this stage.
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                I meant the new upcoming patch. I guess noone knows but the elite few at this stage.
                hi ,

well everything thats not in the above , ....

we dont know , there are conflicting reports on its release , others say there shall be no patch , ..... to many different version to post anything certain on it , .....

a post from Soren or Mike would do wonders

have a nice day

Comment

this is the good news.
                  El futuro pertenece a quienes creen en la belleza de sus sueños.
                  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Sounds like it may be mostly MP tweaks and fixes. Considering the new XP will be out in the fall, I don't think they'll be too generous with any new features...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                      Sounds like it may be mostly MP tweaks and fixes. Considering the new XP will be out in the fall, I don't think they'll be too generous with any new features...
                      - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                      - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                      - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                      X