Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for a worldwide protection system for civ3:conquests

Hi all,

please all contact Firaxis to make sure they'll press Atari to make a worldwide protection system, so the people from Europe will be able to use the patches as well.

If you're from the states, please support your fellow gamers in europe.

Since the Firaxis website didn't put 'Conquests' on their mail-form yet I have created an improved forum you can use to mail firaxis.

(it includes the Civilization III: Conquests option)

ADVANCED E-MAIL FORM

This is what I have sent to them:

Hi,

it's great that you guys are working on a new expansion for civilization III.

I have one major concern / question,
    Can you make sure that this XP has a worldwide copy protection system instead of the regional system Play The World had.

It's a major dissapointment to live in Europe and have to wait months for your patches, if they even come to europe.

Thus, in name of all european gamers,
    please make the copy protection worldwide!

thanks in advance and good luck!

Robert Plomp
    The Netherlands
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Great to hear you are making a new Civ3 XP.

I have concerns about the copy protection systems though.
    Would it be possible to have the same copy protection for all localized versions?

The PtW localized patch system was a great dissapointment as you couldn't "play the world" beacause of the localized patches. (People in different countries running different versions.)
    Making all gamers get the same version would be a great boost to the multiplaying community.

Thank you! And goos luck designing the new XP, your games are always appreciated!

Viktor Voigt
    Höör, Sweden
    cheers

Comment

might want to have each person customise it some or they'll just think it's mail spam - any excuse will do for infocrap, oops I mean Atari, I'm sure

Comment

If they diddn't realise this by now, they don't deserve to be around anymore...
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          If they diddn't realise this by now, they don't deserve to be around anymore...
          you can't be too straightforward when it comes too computer devs

cheers

Comment

Sent mine (custom).
            We have to let Firaxis and Atari know of our problem if we want a chance to have it solved. As long as we are polite and constructive, I don't see why Firaxis would consider these spam mails.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's true.
              Just stay polite, it's more to be sure that they know that we bother.
              I think in the current develop process stage it's still possible to decide on the copy protection system.

Comment

hi ,

, they should start to use the same system on each new made cd of civ III and ptw aswell , ......

and down with the local language distribution and patches , ..... this cost's them money anyway that could be used to build and improve the game , .....

cybershy its a great idea

oh yes , in the MAC forums we asked the same , yet the y say that its not worth it , ..... wait till they see a million emails , ..... one million potential customers

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                  and down with the local language distribution and patches , ..... this cost's them money anyway that could be used to build and improve the game , .....
                  Localized versions bring them money, because they appeal to people who don't master English very well. And because there can be legal issues otherwise (I think that it is impossible to seel an English Only game in mainstream trade in France - One has to sell it through the 'import' network)
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Localized versions bring them money, because they appeal to people who don't master English very well. And because there can be legal issues otherwise (I think that it is impossible to seel an English Only game in mainstream trade in France - One has to sell it through the 'import' network)
                    hi ,

they would only have to translate the text , not the programing code , ..... this way they would be compatible with each other , ....

in any case most people would not bother to buy it in english , .....

that a manual and in game help is in the local languages okay , but all the rest should be the same , ...

they are missing out on sales cause people cant play with each other , ...... this get s a bigger cut in revenue then not having local versions , .....

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Re: Petition for a worldwide protection system for civ3:conquests

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      Since the Firaxis website didn't put 'Conquests' on their mail-form yet I have created an improved forum you can use to mail firaxis.

(it includes the Civilization III: Conquests option)
                      You should change the VALUE of the OPTION as well.
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'll send one out for you guys. what email address do I have to spam?
                        I'm not even gonna buy the new expansion. I already paid 70 dollars total for the last 2 things, so I'm giving up on dishing all my money out to these bums but I'd be glad to help you guys out.

Comment

Originally posted by Anfernio
                          I'll send one out for you guys. what email address do I have to spam?
                          I'm not even gonna buy the new expansion. I already paid 70 dollars total for the last 2 things, so I'm giving up on dishing all my money out to these bums but I'd be glad to help you guys out.
                          hi ,

, and how many hours of fun did you had , .....

that would come to about what , 0.000001 cents an hour , ..... thats cheap entertainment

have a nice day

Comment

Anfernio,

use that link I placed at the top of this page!
                            Thanks for your help!

Comment

But it will look as PTW feedback to them unless you change the VALUE atribute.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X