Conquests much more inspired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    No, it is not inspired. How can an addon with such weak features be inspired? I just wont believe it till I see it

New York: Harper & Brothers, 1926

panag, if the book is really this old .. how did it inspire civ III expanision?
    hi ,

i have no idea , but there are certain similarities to this book , ....

i went to look for it , and it does contain lots of things that are going to be in this game , .....

by accident or not , who knows , only SID knows for sure , .... maybe he got the idea when he read this book or so , ....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Sid had little to do with Civ 3 and probably even less with the expansion

And he does not seem to have much inspiration lately anyway, what with the sequel to Pirates announced

Comment

Remains to be seen. I like the sound of some of the additions, and the included scenarios gives me hope that diplomacy editing will finally be added. However, until I get more specifics about the features, I'll reserve judgment. Frankly, the crowing about adding 8 new civs worries me, since that's how PtW got started. I don't care for more civs...we have enough. Adding more won't change the quality of the game one bit. I'd rather the time and resources they spent on those be used more productively.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
          Sid had little to do with Civ 3 and probably even less with the expansion

And he does not seem to have much inspiration lately anyway, what with the sequel to Pirates announced
          Sid will end his life signing napkins for money at an internet cafe at this rate.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Hi The Templar,

Just one thing, though, is that you are confusing the game DESIGNERS (i.e. Firaxis) with the game WHOLESALERS (i.e. Infogrames&Atrai). Having exchanged e-mails etc. with the designers, I get the sense that they TRULY want the best possible game-EVER. Unfortunately, the game wholesalers put very unfair, market-driven deadlines on the designers-forcing them to often produce a second rate product (in the eyes of the designers-at least!!) Of course, from the other end is the joke that, if game designers waited until they thought a game was perfect, before they shipped it, then no games would EVER get shipped!!!

Yours,
            The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Working...
            X