No announcement yet.

dummy ia ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would stay away from chieftan level - It is way too easy to learn bad habits on that level that will kill you on higher levels. Play warlord at the lowest. Use chieftan just once to familiarize yourself with how it all looks.
    Chris
    I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz
      Use chieftan just once to familiarize yourself with how it all looks.
      Chris
      Precisely. Chieftain is valuable only to familiarize oneself with the game and its principles.
      Nym
      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Re: dummy ia ?

Originally posted by jobuck

Why if I put a lot of effort to build asap colons one after the other, I found other nation with a bigger country, or a colon from another nation taking the place I want 1 turn before me ?

n. pl. co·lons or co·la (-l)
        The section of the large intestine extending from the cecum to the rectum.

Comment

I concur with Gutz and Nym - Playing on the Chieftain level at first familiarizes yourself with the game and even on this low level, you can still gain a "feel" for how the AI reacts to certain situations.

Comment

Hi Gents,

I found some very interesting reply here and very cool peoples.

I will follow your advises, in particular, take a look on the strategy forum.

Note: Thank's spiffor for your valuable comments !!
            My initial post correspond to my first visit, but I will probably stay a bit around here now. As a civ 3 settler..

Comment

Hmmm, I can get whooped by barbs on monarch easily. The only thing you have to do is to pop a hut on a plain with a regular warrior and have the barb setting to raging. That usually nets me a dead warrior. A regular warrior fortified on a mountain and across a river is something completely different though...

Comment

I didnt think the barb setting affected the barb stats, just how often they pop up.
                Chris
                I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

Working...
                X