Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Nationality

Hi!

Does someone try to create a unit with the Hidden Nationality flag ON?(ground unit)

If yes, how the A.I. Players use this units? Do he's use properly the units with no nationality?(or he just use this unit like any other units).

If I create a units with hidden nationality, do you think the Guerrilla can be a good units?
    6/6/1 90 Shields...maybe I can rise the shields to 100??? (A tank 16/8/2 cost 100 shields!)

What do you think about that?

Nice day!
    Last edited by CrONoS; May 7, 2003, 15:03.
    bleh

I can't answer specifically, but you might inspect the properties of the Privateer unit, which has this quality.

Also, posting this question in the Creation forum might get you a better response.

Comment

Re: Hidden Nationality

Originally posted by cronos_qc
      Hi!

Does someone try to create a unit with the Hidden Nationality flag ON?
      If yes, how the A.I. Players use this units? If the A.i. use well this new units?

I was thinking about that and remember Civ2 and the units with no nationality.

If I create a units with hidden nationality, do you think the Guerrilla can be a good units?
      6/6/1 90 Shields...maybe I can rise the shields to 100??? (A tank 16/8/2 cost 100 shields!)

What do you think about that?

Nice day!
      hi ,

go to the editor , units , bottom left , unit specs , look for "hidden nationality" , flag it , thats all

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

panag: tanx, but I know how to do that! I just wanna know if the A.I. use well the hidden nationality? If he know how to use it properly?

Thanks!

purple: yeah I better go in the creation thread!
        bleh

Comment

Yes, yes they do. I had made a bandit unit for a mod, and the AI used it to conduct a undeclared war in my country.
          Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
          If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
          If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

I've heard that the AI use it great

They even raise cities so you don't know who were the attackers

The problem, Humans can capture the city and the AI doesn't know what happened
            Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Hey, that sounds fun!

Comment

Louis XXIV:

hahahha, that was my question. What happend when you capture a city with your "hidden nationality" unit!!! I will conduct some test in one of my game!

Thanks!
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV

The problem, Humans can capture the city and the AI doesn't know what happened
                  That's not entirely true, capturing a city with one will have a serious effect on your diplomatic relations with that civ. That would probably take it from Polite right to Furious. The AI knows the unit belongs to you, it just can't do anything about it.
                  Last edited by Willem; May 8, 2003, 08:31.

Comment

panag: tanx, but I know how to do that! I just wanna know if the A.I. use well the hidden nationality? If he know how to use it properly?

Thanks!

Although the AI does use them fairly well, it's not as good at them as the human player. But then the same is true with bombardment.

There's also an eye for an eye attitude with them, the more you use them, the more it will produce. Be sure to protect your Workers and Settlers that are near the border, they're a prime target for the AI's hidden nationality units.

Comment

Despite the hidden nationality, ROP agreements affect these units too, as demonstrated by the "secret agent" in double your pleasure. Very good for worker-napping...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Thanks!

hi ,

yes they do

its great to give a defense and attack of 1 or even 2 to an explorer , reduce its movement and start a scen to see what happens , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Geurilla

7.7.3 (ignores mountains, hills, forests and jungles), cost 10 to build, but cannot take cities or capture workers (they merely kill them)
                          Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

I've also noticed the AI is quite good at employing hidden nationality Geurillas, engaging in secret wars like it gets the idea.
                            Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Originally posted by problem_child
                              Geurilla
                              but cannot take cities or capture workers (they merely kill them)
                              How do you manage to make that?
                              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X