Infogrames already is ATARI!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infogrames already is ATARI!!!

I advanced the information days ago, but now it has been confirmed.

http://www.atari.com/ http://www.infogrames.com/

The thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=85178

El futuro pertenece a quienes creen en la belleza de sus sueños.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Hopefully,, the name change will result in a positive change for Infog, and not a negative one for Atari.

Atari has been a respected name, I just hope that it stays that way.

Comment

The same s h i t ...
      Si no hubiéramos sido lo que fuimos ahora no seríamos lo que somos... «Boys are back in town...»
      CIVILIZATION - PROGRESSIVE GAMES WEB
      SHOTS OF ROME , LISBON , GRANADA , SALAMANCA , SANTIAGO , SEGOVIA , ARANJUEZ , MADRID , MANZANARES EL REAL

Comment

Bye bye to the avatar Alfonso
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by kring
          Hopefully,, the name change will result in a positive change for Infog, and not a negative one for Atari.

Atari was respected, but their last several forays into the field were flops. Jaguar?

Though I'm sure most people think of Atari fondly.

REally, any name would be an improvement. Hopefully they will find a new management philosophy (a good one) to match.

Comment

A new name doesn't mean anything, unless it is followed by changes in how the company acts.

The question is which company philosophy will be adopted: Atari, Infog, a combination of the two, or something totally different?

I would like to see the old respected Atari and/or even the early Infog come out on top, but only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by alva, in the other thread
              You know that a lot of ATARI chips ended up being used in washing machines
              Now try to make a mod for that
              I heard, that a lot of the old 6502's ended in the AIM-9 "Sidewinder" missile. Now that mod would be fun.

Comment

A new name doesn't mean anything, unless it is followed by changes in how the company acts.

The question is which company philosophy will be adopted: Atari, Infog, a combination of the two, or something totally different?

I would like to see the old respected Atari and/or even the early Infog come out on top, but only time will tell.
                Well, you're right, that was the point that I was trying to get at. Unfortunately, I would bet this change is merely cosmetic. They will continue to put out half-finished (or worse) games.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                  Bye bye to the avatar Alfonso
                  Yep
                  El futuro pertenece a quienes creen en la belleza de sus sueños.
                  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Welcome to "Atagreed" ?
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

I heard, that a lot of the old 6502's ended in the AIM-9 "Sidewinder" missile. Now that mod would be fun.
                      A friend of mine rebuilt a Commodore-64 to a portable synth by building in batteries, a speaker and playing music by the keyboard. Don't ask me how.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Nah, now it's tarnished. Oh well, I throwed away my old 800XL 3 years ago, anyway, so it doesn't really hurt me. The only thing I possess with the Atari logo on it is Neverwinter Nights.

Comment

Isn't the atari logo on UT2K3?

Maybe if we're lucky they will buy out Bedhesa and and give Elder Scrolls the NWN graphics and interface

Oh well, here's to hoping for less crap...
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

How big is Atari in the software industry today?

Comment

I think it's one of the major players on the international level. They had financial trouble last year, but they overcame it IIRC
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X