Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has war weariness an influence on fighting troups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bongo
    Just bad luck, some other time you may get real lucky.

War Weariness does not affect combat, but combat affects WW.

High losses will increase WW, as will your troops in enemy territory and enemy troops in your territory.

You have one 'WW-account' with each civ. Total WW is the sum of these, when you make peace that account goes inactive but it's still ther so WW will jump right back if a new war breaks out.

Well then I always must have bad luck after long wars.

Just unbelievable.

I do not say it is war weariness but there must some other parameter that influences the fighting spirit of troops.

Comment

There is no fighting spirit of the troops calculation in civ3 other than the experiance levels
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

georges bonbon, what level do you play on?

Statistically speaking there have to be at least ONE person who always have bad luck in civ3 combat. Maybe you are the one

Seriously though, maybe you're not using your units to their full potential? I know that my losses go sky-high if my thoughts go too far away from the game. Have you ever played while drunk? I have, that sets my skill back at least one level.
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
          I'm with you re: artillery. I still don't get it. You seem to have to build two artillery pieces for every 1 defender you're up against for artillery to make a big diff. And that's a lot of production expenditure, when you could be making units that can capture instead.
          The key to artillery is that they are around forever! Have just one or two cities making catapults from when you get Mathematics, upgrade them all to Cannon when you get Metallurgy, upgrade them all to Artillery when you get Replaceable Parts... just from those one or two cities' production you will have a devastating bombard force.

Guard them even more heavily than you guard your cities!

Comment

Originally posted by bongo
            georges bonbon, what level do you play on?

Statistically speaking there have to be at least ONE person who always have bad luck in civ3 combat. Maybe you are the one

Seriously though, maybe you're not using your units to their full potential? I know that my losses go sky-high if my thoughts go too far away from the game. Have you ever played while drunk? I have, that sets my skill back at least one level.
            This game was on monarchy, but I have had similar experiences on Emperor level. As for deity, well I am still a human.

I was not drunk or I would have been dead, the game lasted for 56 hours (I played on a huge map).

Comment

AFAIR I did not experienced such correlation.
              I am just finishing a war against Bismarck (I have conquered about 90% of its cities). I have not noticed any performance's decrease of my MAs, but WW has not stopped rising during the 18 turns of this war.
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Working...
              X