No announcement yet.

Keeping the game fun through the ages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the game fun through the ages.

Anyone has any ideas on how to keep the game fun through all the ages?

When playing on emperor or lower the acient age is fun but after that the AI is outmatched in every way.

When playing diety the ancient and medieval ages are challenging and fun, but after that the AI loses it's edge.

Is there any way to mod the game so te AI get's level bonuses later in the game too?

Just a quick idea, but maybe you can give to all AI civs a specific tech in the editor (from the "none" era), which opens a path to tremendous improvements later in the game ?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Try to do as I did in my last game: No research*, no trade

* I got the germans and decided to go militairy, so I did research(+huts) the war techs, once I got them I didn't do any research at all anymore.
      The game is still not finished, but I should have won.
      Right now, it is getting harder though as I have to fight infantry with knights
      Setting: small map, 8 civs, pangea, emperor, all else random.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Right now, it is getting harder though as I have to fight infantry with knights
        Under which goverment are you fighting?

Comment

monarchy, been at war almost constantly, so no real use wasting 5-8 anarchy turns to go to Republic.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

You could give the AI units that have HP/stat bonuses at the point where they no longer can compete
            Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not following you.

Comment

You can give your opponents UUs that look exactly the same, only they get an extra HP (their conscripts are your regulars, their regulars are your veterans, etc)

You give them these UUs starting in the Industrial Age
                Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X