Preventing contact!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing contact!

I finally realized a REALLY easy way to prevent contact before it should happen (the whole map being explored, etc.) - I made Ocean impassible to Wheeled, and made Trireme Wheeled.

What the hell's a trireme? Wrong game, wrong forum.
    Jack

Comment

The Trireme is Civilization 2's equivalent of the Galley: a feeble sailing vessel that sinks in deep waters.
      Regards,
      Col. Rhombus

Comment

Trireme, Galley, same thing.

Comment

Personally I call them rowing boats.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde
            What the hell's a trireme? Wrong game, wrong forum.
            A trireme is an advanced ancient warship characterized by the use of three banks of oars. Earlier warships had fewer banks, a bireme had two banks and a monoreme has one bank.

Later rowed warships such as the roman quinchioreme (sp?) still had three banks of oars but two of the banks had two rowers per oar. The libernian was a return to the 1 rower/oar with 3 banks. Also, roman warships were rowed free men and not by slaves or criminals.

One oddity was the ptolomy polyreme which was a kind of huge catamaran with each hull having 10 banks of oars. One account says it sank when a small wave hit it.

History lesson over.
            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I never thought of this

However, I won't use it in my mod (where naval movement is the most drastic change), since I only play on bigger maps, where oceans are large enough not to be crossed before navigation
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Wheeled galleys. Archimedes would be proud of you.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

AlexnM: ehehheheheh that's a good one!!!
                  bleh

Comment

Yes ofcorse good, but I saw someone did this about 2 months ago somewhere on this forum
                    :d:

Comment

This is an excellent idea.

Comment

The Apolyton University mod over in the strategy forums made ocean cost two movement points to enter, and made all ships except the galley ignore ocean movement points.

That method still makes suicide galleys possible, just not very likely.

I like the wheeled approach though, if preventing entirly is the direction you want to take.

Comment

I made ocean cost 3 and sea cost 2, but I was still worried about those little thin bits.

Comment

i'm a fan of kamakazie galleys though
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                              i'm a fan of kamakazie galleys though
                              yeah, I like them too.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X