Quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question...

I lost my Civ 3 cd... I've searched absolutely everywhere. I still have the programe installed on my computer, so I'm wondering, will the "Play The World" add-on, work without the original Civ 3 CD? I want to play Civ again, and the expansion is cheaper than buying a new copy. So in installation, does it ask for the Civ 3 CD at all, and/or requires it for play? Thanks.

If you still have your civ3 installed you'll be able to install the PTW and play with it without problem. But only the PTW, because the CIV3 is going to keep asking you for the Civ3cd when you open it.
    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

So when you install the expansion, you still have the option of playing origional Civ 3? I wouldn't care, I'd rather play just the expansion anyway. Thanks for the info! =)

Comment

No, no you get me wrong you're going to be able to install the PTW and play with it without problem.. only the PTW
        you're not going to be able to open the Civ3 without the civ3 cd, but that doesn't mather 'cause you're going to be playing with the PTW that's much better

Comment

So Civ 3: PTW and vanilla Civ 3.... are seperate .exe's? And they both open up their own version of civ? Correct? Now I'm confused again. LoL

Comment

Now you're correct

Comment

anyway, to install the PTW you got to have installed the Civ3.

Comment

Okay, glad to get that cleared up. I think I'll go buy PTW today. Thanks again!

Comment

Well, just be careful to not lose your installed civ3.

Comment

Working...
                  X