Here's A New One - Trading A City As Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's A New One - Trading A City As Tech

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this slimy move ?

Some of our CIV3 Play The World League members have discovered a unique and devious way of winning a game.

It turns out it is possible to rename a city to "Construction" then trade the city to an unsuspecting player, who thinks it is a technology. The person that gives up the city loses (it is an elimination game) however his partner in crime and ally has previously surrounded the city "Construction" and on his next turn, he takes the city that the person doesn't even know he had. All the owner of "Construction" receives is "you have suffered a humiliating defeat" and goes huh ?

I think this is exploiting a game default and will be made illegal in our league. Certain city names should be protected by Firaxis to protect against such unscrupulousness players. Just letting others know about this tactic and to ask ... was this something anyone has seen before? Do you think this is fair play ?
    WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
    ---------------------------
    "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Not fair play, but it would've been very funny to try if your playing with friends who can take a joke!

Comment

Out of smart minds come smart tactics. Funny to the outsider listening to the story, but painful to the guy who is tricked.
      badams

Comment

This "trick" is not limited to tech either, you could rename the city "50 Gold" and trade it as well. Buyer beware.

CanuckSoldier
        Global Admin/Owner
        Civilization Players Leagues
        www.civplayers.com
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Good thing there isn't a technology called "washington"

Comment

This is funny. Unscrupulous for sure, but funny!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yes, I agree, a very clever trick

You bad boys.
              «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

In the other extreme end, a stupid mind would rename a city "Right of Passage Pact", and only the most absent-minded individual would not notice that it is not an incredible "first-time in history" one-sided such pact.

Comment

What a funny and evil trick.

And now I can't help but wonder: Have two people ever tried this evil ploy on each other at the same time?

Comment

I suppose it is funny, gave me a giggle, but it is so incredibly low and despicable I would have been ashamed of myself if I had even thought of doing this to another person.

Comment

ROFL!

Comment

naughty

Comment

Nice

Comment

This is evil

I like it
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                            X