No announcement yet.

militaristic/industrious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the manner in which China rarely makes the full use of its traits and UU, while the human player is able to use them in a most effective manner...
    You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

The AI is terrible at using the militaristic trait. In order to get the maximum benifit of the trait, you have to fight - a lot. The AI is bad at warfare, and China is a non-aggressive civ. So they don't fight - especially not super early (when their industriousness & ability to crank out archers gives them an edge). Plus, even if the AI conquers somebody, they don't take advantage of their conquest, because they have undoubtedly built their FP one city over from their capitol (which they never move deliberately). So conquest for the AI usually provides them with a bunch of semi-useless to totally useless cities, with some extra resources & luxuries. Still a plus, just not nearly as good as it is for the human, who knows what to do with it.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yes, the AI isn't too hot when it comes to warfare. Just identify their one stack/"trail o' troops" and deal with it. Why China would have an agression level of 2 is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
          Yes, the AI isn't too hot when it comes to warfare. Just identify their one stack/"trail o' troops" and deal with it. Why China would have an agression level of 2 is beyond me.
          It has improved in PtW. Sometimes i even get outsmarted by the AI (landings with ships, fake attacks, divided forces, etc.)

Comment

Well, that's true. The "trail" is definitely more impressive (and difficult to deal with) than the "stack".

Comment

Definitely "smarter" in PtW. And although the AI might not always fight well by human standards, it fights mistake free. And it uses the fog of war well. So you can be certain if you send a wounded unit back to your territory to heal, and make the mistake (or can't help) leaving it next to terrain with a more favorable attack/defense advantage, that is the spot an AI fast mover will emerge from the shadows and attack you.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

The strange thing is, the Chinese are always a problem in my games. Maybe because usually they're abroad, since I like playing with the Egiptians, sometimes Carthage and other times Babylon. I love Babs' archer.

Comment

The Chinese are my favorite civ to play AS, and they're one of my favorite neighbors as well. Why? Because they never seem to REX properly, and if they do declare war on you, it's their serious mistake... it's easy to plow through their cities. I'm doing right now with Immortals and Knights... I wiped out 15 cities before they took a single archer.

Comment

Working...
                  X