• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 for PDAs

Has anyone seen any new news for this?

Thanks
    Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
    If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
    If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

No.

It's not going to happen. It would be hell (do the censors catch this? EDIT: Apparently not) without a keyboard.

Comment

It is possible to have a console port for Civ, but I didn't see anything about PDAs. I highly doubt Civ3 will make it to PDAs in the next few years. Maybe Civ2, if its owners believe it can bring more money than it'll cost.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think PDAs need a little more power before they can handle Civ3 (just think how long it takes to play a huge map even on a good PC now).

They could handle Civ1 or maybe even 2, though.

Programming for PDAs is a whole different ballgame than programming for PCs. Everything is in short supply. Memory, CPU power, storage, pixels...

Having said that, I'd love to see good games on the PDA.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I just couldn't imagine playing Civ on a tiny screen like those things have. They'd have to completely redo the graphics. With all the detail that's in the game now, it would probably be an unrecognizable blur if everything was shrunk down that much.

Comment

Civ1 is being ported to either PalmOS or PocketPC.. I forget which.
            ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Good god, I'd die just from scrolling the map. PDA screens are so small, and CIV III has such a large scope it would seem imposible to make a playable port...
                Last edited by MattH; April 27, 2003, 16:26.
                cIV list: cheats
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

Yea, but from what I've seen of civ1, it has very low resolution. Perfect for making smaller.

Comment

I've been dreaming of Civ1 for the pocketpc for a long time now, ever since I got my IPAQ. sigh. for better days.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                      Yea, but from what I've seen of civ1, it has very low resolution. Perfect for making smaller.
                      I'll say. Probably 8 bit, 16 colour graphics. That should be easy to port over, if they can work out new controls.

Comment

Civ 2 was released on the nokia 92XX phone :-)
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Pocket Civ (Palm OS): http://geocities.com/icepirates2/pocketciv.html

Have fun!
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
                            Civ 2 was released on the nokia 92XX phone :-)
                            I'd heard that. Thats one of those hugely obnoxious phones, right? (and expensive). wish they would port it to the pocketpc. grrr

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                              Pocket Civ (Palm OS): http://geocities.com/icepirates2/pocketciv.html

Have fun!
                              I'd seen that website. I think they have a long ways to go to reach their goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X