Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, now I see. It's still very much.

Comment

The only time I've tried to use Explorers is on huge Earth maps when I play as America. I try to explore South America (since no one else seems too), but they always get annihilated by the huge # of barbarians down there. So yeah, it's a pretty useless unit.

Comment

nope
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I hardly ever use Explorers. Reason being is that by the time I get them researched alot of the map is already visible. This is usually because several turns have passed and I explored alot of my land and I traded maps with the AI civs.

Something to think about though is map size and number of civs you play the game with. If you play with a larger map and less civs, you may find Explorers can come in handy. That is because there is alot of land out there and only a few civs. Then you may go a very long time before contacting any of them. Which means map sharing will not be possible for a while. So you will have to get out there and do your own exploring.
          -PrinceBimz-

Comment

I tried to use explorers to make sappers's jobs. But a mislocation of troops caused their ruin, and then I just gave it up.

Comment

Working...
            X