• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we could do monarchy?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

no we can't. but they don't know that I suppose.

Comment

Diss - you may want to propose the same deal to GoW that I have pitched to ND. It is in the ND thread.

I think if we approach it from both ends - this may work. We will have to balance this delicately - as they have another option - that being RP. And that is why I want to firm it up now. I don't think GoW or NeuD would back out of a deal.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Received from GoW. Over to you, Dissident. I say definitely 'no' to world map - but we could offer more gold - say 50 or 60. You can tell them we have other offers to sell for cash - but would like to do business with them.

Actually - I would prefer to do business with RP - truth be known.

Polytheism
          Betahound,

The Glory of War has acquired Polytheism, and is wondering what Vox would pay for it. I believe that either world map + 20 gold, or another tech would be sufficient payment. Please answer quickly, so that we can do the deal on this turn.

Thank You,

Panzer32
          Foreign Affairs Consul for the Glory of War
          Last edited by Beta; March 15, 2003, 18:32.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Diss - I hope you will not be upset with me. I gave an interim response - GoW has sat on the save since 8am (est) this morning - so we might be able to rush them into a cheap deal.

Here is what I sent:

Greeting Panzer32.

Dissident is responsible for Foreign Affairs with Glory of War. In his absence, I will start the discussion, but he will need to finalize it.

We are in contact with other civs with Polytheism. In fact - we have researched a good part of it already. Therefore, we would be willing to consider a straight cash deal. Please advise.

Thank-you and regards ... BetaHound.

Comment

And their reply - 60 gold sounds OK to me. Unless we want to try for 50.

Betahound,

I think 60 gold would be sufficient for polytheism. Unfortunatly, by the time we agree on this, I think the turn will be passed on by us; therefore the deal will have to be delayed by a turn.

PS: do you want me to send all further communication to Dissident?

Comment

Wait - it gets better:

BetaHound,

I am getting mixed up with technologies polytheism and philosophy. I am sorry, it is philosophy that I am to offer to you for 60 gold. If you would like to buy polytheism, the cost would be 49 gold. Again, should I send future PMs to Dissident?

Thanks,

Panzer32
                Foreign Affairs Consul for the Glory of War

Comment

49 for polytheism?

good enough for me

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

My response:

We should be able to reach agreement on a price for polytheism. If you send it accepted - we will in the next couple of hours - get back to you on the price. You have my solemn promise that we will not accept Polytheism at our end until a price is agreed upon.

And yes - in the future - please direct correspondence to Dissident. I will miss dealing with the fine nation of GoW, but who knows, in the future, I may be re-assigned. Regards ... Beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      49 for polytheism?

good enough for me

Jon Miller
                      Sorry - just saw your post. OK. I will respond.

Comment

Sent to Panzer32:

Panzer32. Sorry for the quick update. A number of members showed up, and the deal is agreed upon. 49 gold for Polytheism. As usual, it is a pleasure doing business with you.

Regards ... Beta.

Comment

His response. Diss, I will leave it up to you to explain to them that we do not need philo.

RE: Deal
                          Great! I will send a proposal to Dissident soon. Please get back to us about the philosophy-60 gold trade

Thanks

Panzer32

Comment

I already let Ghenghis know we have philosophy. He should have removed that when we accepted map making. I haven't opened that turn, so I'm not sure.

I would have preferred to contact RP before we agreed to this deal. We were trying to make friends remember? I think we could have got a better deal if we told RP how much GOW wanted.

Comment

I concur Diss - it would be best to get the price offers from both of them, compare their prices and then wheel-and-deal.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Yes. i agree, we should shop around if we can. I also like the "silent bid auction". Well what do we research now?
                                "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Working...
                                X