Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To GoW today:

Greetings Ghengis and Panzer32.

I trust all is well with you. We at Vox would like to know what support is coming to assist us in the war, and when. Your second galley has not re-appeared as of last turn, and you previously mentioned a third, and possible fourth via pop-rush out of Port Isolation. You can appreciate why this info is of interest to us.

Also - some on my team have been inquiring about feudalism. We could use pikemen now. If we are allies, and you are about to declare war on GS, why would you not sell us feudalism now. We can arrange for any pikemen not to arrive on the scene until the same time as you land your horsemen, thus preserving your element of surprise in this.

Can you get back to us shortly on these points. Thanks.

Regards .... Beta.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Response from Ghengis:

"We landed our first boatload of Horsemen last turn and the second is enroute. The galley's are going back for more loads. I will see what my team says about Feudalism as we agreed to not diclose/trade it for 10 turns."
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I wonder where they landed them at...

Comment

• Witt - me too. I think you can tell from the map they sent. But it is key info - as it will dictate whether we should take a few more chances this turn.

In other words - if they have GoW horsemen to worry about as well, I suggest we move down into the flats to break the road tile joinging Arashi to the capitol, and that the three Immortals further back in the mountians move down onto the flats next to Monsoon.

Comment

• Sent to Ghengis:

Hi Ghengis. From the map - can I conclude you have landed near Whirlwind - on the un-roaded incense tile SE (keyboard 3) of the city. There is a chariot 6-9 from you if that is the case. But if you have landed there, it will dictate what we do this turn. We will give them more targets than they can deal with. If you are somewhere safer - we wil play conservatively this turn. Please let me know - thanks. ... Beta.

Comment

• edit - double post.

Comment

• His response:

RE: Re: Details

We landed on a hill ne of the second city down. There are two tiles adjacent to us with GS Worker stacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaHound
                  There are two tiles adjacent to us with GS Worker stacks.
                  Interesting...that should send GS into a frenzy!
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

• sent to GoW:

Greetings Ghengis.

We should stay in touch on a regular basis as we gain intelligence and to plan moves. If you would rather this be through HE or P32, just let me know.

We suspect your horsemen will get attacked this turn. There is one chariot closeby as I indicated - and there may be one or more in Arashi. To help the situation - and knowing you had landed - we went into full exposure mode last turn. Two Immortals moved next to Monsoon on the plains tile. Also - four units moved down to the road tile running east from Arashi and between the two mountains. We also moved up more units on the east coast. And our large stack moved past Arashi to the next mountain down. Our thinking was consistent with the advice HE had provided. Thank-you HE.

Our plan with this move was to give them a number of targets to think about - to force them into some choices. It will hopefully ensure your horsemen don't get killed on the first turn. I think they will go after the stack east of Arashi. Their purpose, if they survive, is to cut that road - and trap the troops in Arashi. It will also cut off the capitol from the luxuries - unless there is a road further south.

We are also trying to draw GS into some battles where Immortals can do some damage. Thay may not take the bait and may only use hit and run tactics from chariots- but even then we should beat up a few chariots.

They have two galleys on the east coast now. Not sure if they are heading north with troops. We are ready if that is the case.

Also - RP has written us and expressed interest in getting involved actively in the war. We said we were interested, We said we have allies - and did not name you specifically - but I gather the word will be out soon.

Talk to you soon - cheers! To Victory! .. Beta.

Comment

• From Ghengis:

"Please send a screen shot with the road you want to be pillage marked."

Any thoughts? If we manage to cut the road east of Arashi - I'm not sure what we want cut after that. I'm note even sure that the GoW horsemen will be left standing.

Comment

• I sent this instead of the screenshot - my antennae are still tingling a bit a bit about GoW.

Hi Panzer and Donegeal. Greetings from Vox.

Ghengis had asked that I respond to you on which road tile to cut. If Whirlwind is still 'vaacant', that would be my first obejective. If it autorazes - so be it. If not, I'm not sure you have much choice. We could not have substantive defenders there for another 4 turns. I would raze it. Your horsemen would have difficulty holding it - and it is not a good use of their talents.

If it is defended - the road tile keyboard 3 from your landing spot would appear to be the best to cut - it will disconnect all the luxuries in that area from the rest of their civ. We have numerous troops in the area - so there are friends around.

After that - I would suggest you head south to see what havoc you can create.

BTW - be prepared that GS may have redirected sufficient forces to take out both your horsemen. Although we gave them two other targets they should be more concerned about. I trust you saw my earlier note to Ghengis regarding our troop dispositions - if not let me know.

I will get around to the screen shot and marking it up - but I have to bring my system down to replace a wonky power supply.

Take care - all the best. Cheers! To Victory! ...Beta.

Comment

• Response from Panze32. Looks like GoW got a rude welcome to the war.

RE: Response to Ghengis
                            Betahound,

Unnoficial response here, so I don't have any screenshots. GS did get both of our horsemen. Here are the GS troop positions that we see.

Whirlwind: Catapult.
                            E of Whirlwind: 3 workers, 1 catapult.
                            NE of Whirlwind: 1 war chariot, 1/4. This is of course one of their troops that got us.
                            S of Monsoon: Worker.

Comment

• I doubt cutting the road E of Arashi will cut the resource route. South of Eye is grasslands (per their description they gave us long ago). I am sure that was filled with cities before they started heading north. The GS border in the area between Arashi and Whirlwind indicates to me there is another city S of Arashi. I am sure they have roads around those cities.

Too bad GoW lost their horsemen. I figured it would happen. They are easier targets and in some ways posed more of a threat than our troops. That is the problem with horsemen landing in enemy territory.

Comment

• To Ghengis of GoW:

Greetings Ghengis.

Bit of a setback last turn - we lost 5 immortals on the plains, in addition to your two horsemen.

I would recommend that future insertions be south of Whirlwind - where you will not be immediately reachable by chariots. We have pushed south on the mountains with a large stack of Immortals - and now stradle the two cities of Tempest and Atashi. We will have probably taken a few more casualties next turn - but when we reached it Tempest was defendedonly by a chariot. There will be stronger defence there next turn.

On the upside - we have 13 immortals heading for upgrades in the next few turns - and we will be reviewing how best to use them. Wew may want them to show up enmasse - now that we almost have a road built which will bring us right to Arashi.

No word yet from RP on their involvement.

Which brings me to the last issue - feudalism. Pikemen would be very useful to us in this attack. As we advance - we are getting hit via the road network before the full force of the Immortal attack factor can be brought to bear. And our best defender is a 2. Can we please close the deal on feudalism this turn. You are already at war with them - I'm not sure how trading feudalsim early can damage the relationship now. If you could consider this - it would be appreciated.

And try and get NeuD off their duff. If they think they can sit this out - well - if GS wins this war - that may be the whole ball game. Not sure if they can see that point or not.

Talk with you soon. My regrets about the horsemen. Regards ... Beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X