No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested letter to GS. Please comment asap. This should go very soon. Thanks.

Dear Zeit of Gathering Storm.

Greetings. Jon is busy with something called real-life right now, and our scientists aren't quite sure what that is. He has asked that I contact you regarding three items.

1. An Update:

We have been working hard on the diplomatic front, as many had suggested we should have done the last time, trying to reach a peaceful agreement with at least GoW, to allow us to settle a limited corner of Bob, and re-claim our city. We initially met with some success, but it may have come off the rails this evening after a lengthy discussion with GoW. It is not clear to us if they are getting pressured by NeuD on this - nor how solid the alliances are or are not between the Bobians. However, we now feel we will probably need to use force to back up our claim.

2. A Request:

I had asked Shiber earlier if members of GS would be willing to provide some tactical advice when we return to the continent. Short of lending us Theseus or Arrian or DeepO, we could at least explain the terrain and our battle plan, and the strategy forum could analyze it for us. Konquest02 is a recent addition to Vox Controli - so I'm sure they speak the same language.

3. An Offer

As a prepatory move to us going back to Bob - we obtained a number of turns back - at considerable expense - a complete map of Bob, with cities and roads. It is current to about 6 turns ago. And on the other hand, we also need cash to finance our return to Bob (we do not call it an invasion as no one owns the land as of yet).

So - we would like to offer the map of Bob in exchange for:

1. 200 gold, and we repay 120 gold in 24 turns.

or

2. 160 gold.

The first represents a lower price, and a loan to be repaid in full, without interest, in 24 turns. The second is a straight cash deal.

Can you please get back to me on items 2 and 3. As we are getting close to launching galleys - we would like to hear sooner than later if at all possible.

And by the way, like what you have done with the neighborhood. How are the beaches and bars at Monsoon?

Thank-you, and regards .... Beta.
    Last edited by Beta; April 5, 2003, 00:41.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• If they pay for the map of Bob, fine. Otherwise, find out if they would be interested in a real World Map of the world. Maybe they would be willing to agree to a World Map trade. This all has to be done quick as we only have a couple of turns before we take out their warrior. Tell them if we get the map of GS we can trade for a world map and send that back to them.

Comment

• We can try - but I doubt GS will agree to trading their map. They have adamantly said no before on this.

And I don't want them wondering why we want it now. We will see what's down there soon enough.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Above letter - the one offering the map deal, went this morning to zeit. The save is with GS and there is only this turn and then their next turn to get this deal done.

Comment

• I like your letter Beta... It's quite ironic when you really know what's going on...!
            Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

• Sent this after the move last night. If we are to do that map deal - it has to be today. I will take any offer GS put son the table - as long as it is cash up front - and this turn.

Our Spearman
              Greetings zeit and nbarclay,

I should have given you earlier prior warning that a spearman is coming north by your observer on the mountain. Do not worry. He is on his way to North Estonia and then on to Bob. We have found that this is about all Dissidentville is good for. We have rushed a barracks and are now going to rush spearmen depending on the population.

Any response on our earlier letter? We are somewhat anxious for a response.

Thank-you, and regards .... Beta.

Comment

• And this to Sir Ralph now. I am going to bug the living daylights out of them until they respond. Jon - if you are checking in and can do anything else to finalize the deal for the map - please do so. 80 or 100 gold this turn or next - accepted - would be fine.

Greetings Sir Ralph.

I have approached both zeit and nbarclay on some important matters. I trust my first letter made it through to you. I sent a reminder last night to zeit - I could not send it to nathan as his mailbox is full. We have not heard anything back.

The message is attached. It also mentions the spearman heading north from Dissidentville. We are anxious to hear from you. Our operations are expected to start shortly.

If you would care to make a counetr-offer regarding the map - please do so. Gold up front is preferable as we will need to reinforce quickly the first wave heading to Bob.

Thank-you for your attention to this matter. And there may be some political fireworks shortly in the public forum. Your neutrality or even mild supprt for our efforts would be appreciated.

We also have our tactical plan and political assessment drawn up - so as soon as we get the word on your willingness to provide input - we will send it on its way. But time is drawing short for us. The turns are moving quickly these days.

Regards ... Beta.

Comment

• Received from Sir Ralph. they have also played their turn. We have one more of their turns to get this deal done.

Re: Response?
                  Your 2 messages arrived and were posted in our thread to discuss. There has been not much activity over the weekend, but I am sure our diplomats will return soon and respond. I posted a reminder.

Don't send anything to zeit within the next 3 weeks, he's on a trip to the United States.

SR

Comment

• I'm sure there will be much more activity in a couple of turns...

Comment

• I dont know if we already know it, these threads are too long to bother reading.

Togas in our chat today :
                      once Feudalism comes (GS says @8 turns)
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• I agree with you Eli, but in a couple of turns (hopefully) we won't need this thread anymore

Comment

• I took the liberty of loading the lastest save of the game and took a look around. I decided to "build an Embassy" with GS. What i found out is quite interesting:

Intel from their capital: "Eye of the Storm"

The capital is actually located 5 tiles directly south of where we can see their worker (southeast of Dissidentville).

1. The garrison is their capital is only ONE CHARIOT!!! A worker is due out in 1 turn. The current population of the city is 6.

2. They have one source of IRON and one source of HORSES in their strategic box.

3. Improvements in their capital are: Palace and Granary.

4. Luxuries: The capital shows 5 sources of FURS linked to their capital.

I do believe that GS is ripe for the picking and since their capital is actually close, maybe we should spearhead our main invasion force to the GS capital first... Thoughts?

I suggest everyone else load the last save and establish an embassy with GS and see for yourselves, plus this will confirm my findings and see if I missed anything concerning GS's capital.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I took the liberty of loading the lastest save of the game and took a look around. I decided to "build an Embassy" with GS. What i found out is quite interesting:

This is now binding.
                            We must build an embassy this turn, otherwise it will be cheating.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli
                              I took the liberty of loading the lastest save of the game and took a look around. I decided to "build an Embassy" with GS. What i found out is quite interesting:

This is now binding.
                              We must build an embassy this turn, otherwise it will be cheating.
                              I was just about to say the same thing...

Comment

• Oops! Sorry. I think the gold to build it is worth the cost. After all, know your enemy.

I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but you are right - if we don't build an embassy, it would be against the rules. Damn!
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X