No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon - any status to report on - or are they simply ignoring us.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I got a reply that an official reply should be given to me today

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I hate to say it, but doves in the lands of Gathering Storm are an endangered species right now. The hawks outnumber them enormously. We are now within sight of total victory, and while we would like to get back into builder mode as quickly as possible, spending the rest of the game wondering when and how Vox might betray us again isn't worth it. The deception you used to set up your invasion was superb, but the price of such a well-executed deception is that it makes further trust next to impossible.

Vox's only real hope of survival, if you consider it worth taking, would be to evacuate this continent and find somewhere else to live (if a suitable place can be found). If you are interested in that, we could negotiate some time for you to do so and take enough with you that you can get going in your new location reasonably quickly. Otherwise, I don't see how a peace treaty would be possible.

Nathan
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Ack - this makes my mistake mentioned in the moves column even more significant.

OK - another tact. GoW still owes us 4 units. Abd RP has a galley close by with two. We give ROP's to both of them - they land in North Estonia - and help cordon off any invasion force.

This may make GS think twice about the peace deal and taking on three civs. And if positioned correctly - they would have to declare war on RP and GOW. Now - I realize that both can probably wiggle out of it diplomatically, have a short war - and declare peace - so a lot will depend on how much GoW and RP will go along with a bluff of major support.

My public message will now state the peace deal we put on the table. This will make GS look like the agressors - even with past events.

I will contact RP and Gow immediately.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Wow! Lots to digest. Still reading.

Comment

• They will make peace if we exodus

do we want to do that?

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• What do they want for peace if we exodus? I don't want to give up everything (e.g., future free techs, etc.) if we exodus.

Comment

• OK - I would not go for exodus right away.

I have a large chat planned for tomorrow night. Several reps from each of RP, Lego, and GoW. I could use some support if anyone is available. Time yet to be detrmined.

The basic plan is to see if GoW and Lego will land troops on Nother Estonia as a show of force - and if there is lots of sabre rattling from 3 other civs - GS may think twice about their aggressor role. The other civs do not want GS getting all the continent either. It is not good for them. So if we can offer a relatively 'cheap' way of making it look like it would be a one vs four war for GS - they may back down.

I have avoided posting the peace conditions in public until we have had this meeting - and see how GS reacts if the others are on side. We may need to give GS a face saving public way to back down.

We will see. Let me know if you can make it tomorrow night. Thanks.

Comment

• Cease-fire and Evacuation
                    Just for your team's information, once Inchon and Inchoff were established, I don't think anything short of a miracle (or a very friendly RNG) could have made much difference in the prospects for peace. None of the GS discussion even hints that any suboptimal moves Vox might have made since then influenced our people's views.

Just as a rough outline, what would Vox think of disbanding the military units you aren't planning to take with you in your evacuation in exchange for a period of peace (say, a dozen or so turns) to focus your entire economy on the evacuation effort? That way you can evacuate without worrying about defense and we can get back to building sooner. And units disbanded in cities could even be used to help speed production of galleys and settlers. If the idea sounds okay in principle, we can work out the specifics.

Nathan
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Looks good... It's not the optimal choice, but we dont have anything better.

The basic plan is to see if GoW and Lego will land troops on Nother Estonia as a show of force - and if there is lots of sabre rattling from 3 other civs - GS may think twice about their aggressor role. The other civs do not want GS getting all the continent either. It is not good for them. So if we can offer a relatively 'cheap' way of making it look like it would be a one vs four war for GS - they may back down.

They wont. From my experience with the major players in GS, they wont back down.

They think they can easily capture Northern Estonia, and as soon as they do capture it any action by the 3 civs you mentioned will be futile. Knowing that they will win, they will never back down.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• I'm not quite ready to head out with my tail between my legs.

GS has landed on North Estonia - which is bad - but not disastrous in hindsight.

We can takeout Inchon this turn or next, and then turn our forces to dealing with their intruders - with RP and GoW help. We then either rebuild Elipolis - it may be their first target - and I hope it is - and/ir reinforce it. We ring the perimeter with warriors to prevent landings - and pile all the defensive troops, Immortals, and catapults into Elipolis. This will still give us time to get settlers and galleys away .

GS reinforcements will take some time to get north - even by galley. And they still have to push past Dissidentville - which has a garrison of two pikemen and a spearman. We will destroy the roads leading north.

And - I still want to see what comes of the chat tonight. I agree that no one is going to risk their chances in the game to help us - but there is clearly enough angst out there directed at GS, and a clear understanding by all that if GS gets the entire continent - it will be trouble.

They will have to deal with them either now or later.

Comment

• Received from Shiber via PM:

Apologize.
                          UNOFFICIAL
                          Unless you apologize publicly for your terrible lies, and unless you do it RIGHT NOW, you can bet that all previous understandings between Vox and GS will be cancelled, and you will not be allowed 12 turns to evacuate your population. We will also hunt down and sink your galleys. Vox Controli will be exterminated, and you will be the only one to blame for it.

Comment

• Well, I can confirm that Shiber is pissed off, but this is too much.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• I had a long and pointless phone talk with Shiber :

He and many other GSians are again deeply insulted by Beta's "twisting of the truth".
                              A lot of emotional bla bla.
                              They have lots of troops in Galleys on the way to Elipolis. He was very surprised when I told him all the defenders in Inchon but 1 are dead.

Basically he said he supports the evacuation agreement and that the turns number can be negotiated(I said that 12 is not enough), but that the latest public announcement pissed off many people in GS and they no longer care about anything and just want to destroy us. Supposedly they try to maintain very high honor standards and our "lies" and "disinformation" hurts them personally and influences the way people think about GS members out of the game. This is why they want a chat, to clean their name.

Comment

• OK - I accept that we pulled a fast one on them in the original invasion. But what are they upset about now. I posted the truth about everything. I may have put a "oh, poor us! And GS is a bully!" slant on things. But the facts are straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X