Do we trade mini-maps with Spain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we trade mini-maps with Spain?

See 1. the earlier poll and 2. the note in the FA thread.
    No.
    66.67%
    Yes.
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

I vote no. And not because of my stance on the issue either.

The way I see it, we have an odd starting position. We don't have a lot of room for expansion, we are going to have to string out cities and deal with corruption issues because of it. The one big advantage is that we are isolated. It may mean fewer trading options in the early days, but it will also likely mean we get left alone and don't get pressured early.

I can't see much advantage at this stage to sharing mini-maps. We gain little. Willy will meet folks eventually. And we give up part of our one big advantage. I know - even if others did know where we are - it would still take some time to get to us. But - it would be nice to lay low and grow in the early stages.

However - I would like to stay on Spain's good side. Not sure if this would help or not.

And a big drawback - who knows who Spain will trade our mini-map to, and we would get diddly in return.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Yes I do agree with staying on their good side. I might suport trading a mini-map later on after we explore our whole continent and settle our whole continent. But make note we do hope to work with them on these issues in the future.

Comment

I say no minimap trading now

a sort of feel for where we are and where others are is the best I would want

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I noticed that Spain started a thread in the main forum. It appears that other civs aren't trading mini-maps with them either. So I feel better that we aren't the only one

Comment

I like their system of trading. A black map with a team logo on the starting location. This way we dont reveal our type of territory and whether we met other civs.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Same thing as the last mini map poll - No for me too.
              Why such the quick closing time on the polls...especially during the holiday season?
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Witt - sorry about that. Wasn't thinking.

Is two days during regular times OK, or would folks like longer?

I don't want to make it too long, otherwise the other civs get restless about us not responding - as we have already seen.

Comment

No, no - You are right Beta. The 2-day window should remain in place (to keep the game rolling).

What I need to do is take my login with me when I go out of town so that I can check the boards periodically with a friends computer.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                  X