foreign minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foreign minister

I notice that the other civs are starting to have foreign ministers and the like

I think that our controller should be the foreign minister, so that everyone gets the chance to do foreign ministery stuff

Jon Miler
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

i think we should assign everybody a team
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

but than everything will be ineffient

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

ineffient? what does that mean
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

sorry misspelling

basically the idea is that if there is more than one foreign minister at a time, thatwe will ose coherency in our foreign affairs

also, what is done in the foriegn affairs office might be different than what the controller wants

I think that it is best that at a given time, we have one person for every duty (the controller controlls all)

now if the controller chooses to give away some of his duties, that might be fine (or might be grounds for no confidence)

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            now if the controller chooses to give away some of his duties, that might be fine (or might be grounds for no confidence)

Jon Miller

Always keeping your options open, eh Jon?

Comment

IMO the job of foreign minister is not to decide whether we accept certain trade deals or other stuff at some specific turn, but to keep contacts with leaders of other civs, arrange long term agreements etc.

So instead of giving every controller the option to completely change our deals and alliances every 10 turns, we need someone keep all these stuff in one frame, with steady progress(unlike the erratic one that will happen if every controller does what he wants).
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

but if the actions of the controller are different than the minister?

what than

IT hink that is giving the minister to much power

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

basically the controller should be how we show ourselves

the controller should speak with our voice anyway

everybody should get a chance to lead the team, and to do so in evrey way

and to ahve that be the same person, gives us the advantage of coherence

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    IMO the job of foreign minister is not to decide whether we accept certain trade deals or other stuff at some specific turn, but to keep contacts with leaders of other civs, arrange long term agreements etc.

So instead of giving every controller the option to completely change our deals and alliances every 10 turns, we need someone keep all these stuff in one frame, with steady progress(unlike the erratic one that will happen if every controller does what he wants).
                    the controller is eld responsible to us as a group and to the no confidence vote

the arranging of long term agreements should be done wiith us as a group, and take place through the offices of the controller

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

basically the controller is picked to represent us in the game

to be our voice

as such he should be our voice outside of the game as well

for as long as he is in office

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

the controller should perform all foriegn affairs.

Like we mentioned in another thread wars and strategic resources should be agreed upon. And we should all make a vote right now how we want to trade techs and maps.

Comment

the controller is responsible for current affairs right now

if he chooses to have others help him that is cool

if people disagree make up a poll offering an alternative and we can argue and vote on it

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                          X