The Peace Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Peace Offer

Check the public forum of the C3CDG for BOH's proposal to meet as a world, and discuss peace. It has yet to be clarified if this in or out-of-game, but from what I read, they mean both.

If they are talking about out-of-game, I am all for it. If we can let the end of this game be more civil than it has to-date, then great.

Peace in game is something else. Paddy mentioned this last night to me on MSN. 50 turns of peace; and then we square off.

That would seriously screw us, IMO. We have little room for expansion, and short of a capitol shift to the old DR/Euphorica lands, we do not have many options. BOH OTOH, has tons of space tp grow. Furthermore, they just posted that they have built the Knights Templar, so that may put them into a GA, which would work wonders for a mid-game rex. If we were able to get AM on side in 50 turns, I think our task of bringing down BOH would probably be tougher than it is now.

If AM does not agree to my latest pitch for a coalition, and being the do-do's and weeenies that they are, I suspect they may not. then we have some decisions.

The old option of getting BOH to attack AM, and then hoping LB and ourselves can take on BOH still stands.

OR ... we go for the peace deal, but only on the condition that AM gives us back Tarren Mills, and disbands its cities south of the lake. We would ask BOH to help enforce that.

OR ... we agree to peace with BOH for 50 turns, as does LB, and then LB and ourselves attack AM. This is very much a last ditch option, as BOH would simply sit back and grow, and be ready and waiting at the end of 50 turns.

Thoughts?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Sorry, but I think that this peace thing is another BOH COS (the first word is crock). They are trying to mollify their consciences plus attempt to suck us in so they can beat on us some more.

Let us make what out of game peace we can. But, in game don't accept anything from them. If the AM-BAB-LB coalition is not in the offing - do what you said you would do. Turn off the lights and leave the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
      Let us make what out of game peace we can. But, in game don't accept anything from them. If the AM-BAB-LB coalition is not in the offing - do what you said you would do. Turn off the lights and leave the building.
      First of all stupidity needs to be punished.

Second of all my definition of turning off the lights and leaving the building is dealing whatever kind of major blow to A-M that we can deliver, and then just piliage our towns and go.

BUT we ned to do that, because like I said stupidity needs to be punished.
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

And as Ive said elsewhere, if we agree to peaqce with BoH, then Im falling back into inactivity. That just justifies there actions both in and out of game.

Lets get this thing done and over with.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I just thought of something.

Who has the most to gain from peace?

Who is going to look like a complete asss, if he says no to peace, the one thing we were willing to give up Kurra for?

Go ahead and have you summit, but unless we go along with this peace thing we are going to look like idiots.

And its only going to prolong the misery.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

And its only going to prolong the misery.

And that is what I feel. Whoopee! Now they have two Wonders generating units for free (taking the build shields as sunk cost). I wonder if James factored that in to his comparisons of shield outputs?

This game is clearly over. Our very infrastructure is such a wreck that we could spend the rest of the game just getting caught up on barracks and marketplaces (only joking but not far wrong).

If AM were a realy challenge to BOH then we should hang around as the obedient window-dressing that we are at this point.

Any prolongation of this game is strictly for the emotional uplift of Horde members.

I'm waiting for CivIV to arrive.

Comment

Look at this crap posted in the public from by James the Scot. This is one of the two conditions for breaking the peace.

the team captain of another team personally abuses our team captain (We considered this at length, and consider such actions an act of war - when one leader does such to another)
              What a-holes. I could say much, much more -- but I think we all know our thoughts in this matter.

ATTACK AM NOW!!!!
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

What happened with the big peace summit anyway?????

Comment

Working...
                X