No announcement yet.

Babylon needs Vox help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Totally agree Snoopy. Let the powers that be handle it.

Comment

Back to strategizing... where is Beta with the news about AM? Con, can you tell us anything? I'm dying for some news.

Comment

Hi guys. Welcome to Vox. Thanks for helping out jon.

Sorry for being late here today. My parents are in town - and just got them off to bed.

I have heard nothing from AM - but got a response from Aqua. Just checking the forum to see where to post.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          I PM'ed JM with the necessary info to authorize people, if i'm correct anyway

Just as an aside ... I strongly, strongly suggest not making any accusations, perhaps even IF there is actual espionage. Ming will undoubtedly come to bat for you, and I'll do my best also with the limited people I know; but it just does more harm than good IMO to bring this up. The game is screwed no matter what; cheating accusations, even 100% true ones, just bring up old crud that's better buried in the litterbox ... but more importantly, will probably cause those on the other side, the LEGITIMATE ones that didn't cheat, to personally dislike anyone who's involved in bringing them to light.
          If Ming just comes down from on high, then they hate only him ... but if someone here brings the accusations forth, I have a feeling it will create an even further rift betweenst the good, honest players. That's not good for DGs, or for Apolyton in general ... as cruddy as it is to have to deal with cheaters

And I hope you don't think we're (new Poly crowd) all crap, Con ...
          You right Snoopdog, I agree.

And unless Ming comes down on them nothing will happen because Ming wont tolerate any kind of accusation without absoulute proof. Been there done that.

On the new folks, it seems like the n00bs that hang out with us old farts are pretty cool, you included.

Its the ones that don't hang with the old farts that I think we have a problem with.

You know it comes down to sportsmanship. I just go back to the PtW II Game, and myself and Arrian, who hasn't posted much here in months but back in the day he was the guy at Monty Python for a while.

Anyway to make a long story short Arrian and his team beat the Monkeys hands down in diplomacy, they the guys in the middle convinced a third team (Cake or Death) to take us down and do a palace jump into our old lands effectively spliting there empire in half with Monty in the middle once they exterminated the monkeys. It wasn't much of a chance for us because the land we got sucked, Beta never could get his Mangos to grow.

Anyway my point in all this is that the entire time we were at war, and jokingly fliged a lot of poo at each other, Arrian and I satyed in contact and he told me several times how impressed he was with our defense even though it was futile. he also let me know several times its nothing personnal its just CIV and this time you guys are the odd man out.

Now why the he11 can't we have that kind of sportsmanship now? Now all we have is double crosses and rubbing your nose in it.

Its a sad state of affairs we are heading towards, and the Horde is INSANE if they think it won't be taken to the next Demo game. A LOT of folks are going to be gunning for them. Not because they are doing so well, but because they are being horses arses about it.

The n00bs here can play with me anytime, anywhere, not because your good players or can write good stories but because you guys get it!

Enough said
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            I PM'ed JM with the necessary info to authorize people, if i'm correct anyway

Just as an aside ... I strongly, strongly suggest not making any accusations, perhaps even IF there is actual espionage. Ming will undoubtedly come to bat for you, and I'll do my best also with the limited people I know; but it just does more harm than good IMO to bring this up. The game is screwed no matter what; cheating accusations, even 100% true ones, just bring up old crud that's better buried in the litterbox ... but more importantly, will probably cause those on the other side, the LEGITIMATE ones that didn't cheat, to personally dislike anyone who's involved in bringing them to light.
            If Ming just comes down from on high, then they hate only him ... but if someone here brings the accusations forth, I have a feeling it will create an even further rift betweenst the good, honest players. That's not good for DGs, or for Apolyton in general ... as cruddy as it is to have to deal with cheaters
            Understood and agreed.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
              Hi guys. Welcome to Vox. Thanks for helping out jon.

Sorry for being late here today. My parents are in town - and just got them off to bed.

I have heard nothing from AM - but got a response from Aqua. Just checking the forum to see where to post.
              Lets start corrospondence threads for the other CIV's in the game, and lets keep them to corrospondence only, lets make a central diplo discussion thread where we can discuss the corrospondence posted in those threads.

And lets liven up Vox land
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

And from now on dont believe ANYTHING I say in the bab forums, I may start my counterintelliegnce and start posting things that are totally ficticious for our possible mole

Comment

Yes, I have been wondering about doing that. However, you might wait until the villagers come back out after this last storm. Nobody is likely to react to much of anything at this point.

Also, it is pretty clear from that one particular thread back there that there is something in the wind. If anybody were relaying secrets, then they would have their wind up now.

It just may not be worth the trouble at this point. We have an alternative forum, we can just use it and try to enjoy the game amongst ourselves like we always do.

And since GT isn't around to blow the whistle on us, I brought a bottle of Laphroig to pass around... here ya go. No glasses but we don't mind right? Keep it going now...

Comment

AGAIN dont believe ANYTHING I post in the old forums, one of our suspects was posting and I gave him a "show".

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                      And from now on dont believe ANYTHING I say in the bab forums, I may start my counterintelliegnce and start posting things that are totally ficticious for our possible mole
                      QFT

The same for me
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I shall be the soul of discretion.

As a by the way - I was extremely careful in my writings not to say anything about DR negotiations, not even if the supposedly private Chronicles that I posted. I had my suspicions already.

I have also never said anything outside about AM relations.

If somebody leaked DR stuff then it came from an inside observer.

Comment

Working...
                        X