Hello Hello Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Hello Hello

OK - time for a team review. We need to do something here - and I am not talking about the game situation itself. I am talking about the team.

It is clear that many folks have lost interest. I keep getting the feeling that it is me being the main player (only player) and the FA contact for all the other teams which is causing this. If that is the case - I apologize profusely. But it is not a whole lot of fun playing the game by yourself either. And it takes time. The playing is the quick part. Posting screenshots and the turn write-up takes a bit. But FA work - writing - and some lengthy chats with other teams - that takes time.

This is suppose to be a team effort - that is what makes it fun. The early core of Witt, Diss, Eli, Jon and I seems to be down to Witt and I. The new members were all great and welcome additions, but Harry is the main contributor.

This is not a criticism of anyone. What I am asking is should we be doing things differently. Should we have more defined and separate positions to keep everyone involved. Does someone want to take over the playing? You cannot do much worse than I have lately . Can someone step forward to be second player - now that summer is here and I may be away some weekends.

Do we need new members? I have asked Fried-Psitalon, a very experienced civ3 player to join.

Did the failed early effort against GS kill all the interest? Have we all given it up as a lost cause?

Any other ideas, or comments?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

I'm here, ready to do whatever is necessary as long as it's not FA related.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

OK Eli. Make you a deal. You play the turns and I'll handle FA duties.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

exactly how bad is the situation now? I'm not sure I wanna know

Comment

I had things earlier going on

I could become active again

it is just when I Stop by, no one has said anything or done anything for me to comment on

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I am interested in playing again. Are we using the patch yet or has that still not been released to the Europeans?

I can become active in a few days. Perhaps I can take over FA for one nation. FA isn't my preferred job though.

The tough part for me is I really don't have time for daily access anymore. So that is what makes FA tough for me.

Comment

OK - we are into some delicate yet exciting times here - and still we have limited interest.

I have not heard from argha or Kon or Macie in ages.

I know Harry is away.

Eli and Diss and Witt are around.

And jon is handling negotiations with GS - I hope.

What gives guys? Have I been playing too large a part to the exclusion of others getting involved? If so, please let me know.

Eli and Diss- you said you would be willing to get back into playing turns. Does this still stand? (Diss - we are still using 1.14)

We had 6 votes on the poll on what to do which I presume were Jon, Eli, Diss, Witt, myself, and one phantom player. Who else voted?

Let me know what is up. If everyone is happy with the way things are and RL is keeping you busy - that is OK too - but please let us know. Thanks.

From your beleaguered team-mate - Beta.

Comment

I have sent stuff

I might be talking to the wrong person (nbarklay), but...

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

nathan is usually the best. Last name is barclay though.

Comment

Working...
                  X