Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest In Peace (the thread for dead characters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sad to announce the death of my father, Martin Astronicus IV.

He was placidly lying down, in bed, his hand on my hand, in his residence of Barcelona.

Don Pedro de la Alcantarilla, his brilliant assistant and Governor of Barcelona since my father's military trip to Saragossa, will organize his funeral.

All the nobles of Spain are invited to assist to this ceremonial burial.

Don Pelayo Astronicus
    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Col. Sanchez de Plaguates was killed today as he resisted conversion to the new Christian God. Witnesses of stoners mob state that he was cowardly beheaded from behind, by some nobleman, before they even got to stone him. He was armed with one sword and a buckler, in which he did not get time to use. His father, Don Plaguatez is mobilizing a his 'employees' for the vendetta... He is suspecting another clan and now he is pursuing the death of one Winterius clan-member.

Sanchez' dead body quickly became buried in rocks. At this fateful day, his soul was rejected by the new God, and sent on his way to El Diablo. Suddenly, as he left the pearly gates, a foxey lady appeared and grabbed his soul... "Put on the red light!"
      - Her spell roared throughout the Spanish empire. Our Ancient God, El Grande Puto, then left the Spanish empire forever... With her, she took Sanchez' soul into her astral plane, and now, our poor old spaniard spends his eternity with cheap hookers, funky tunes, and lotsa booze... like he wished.
      Last edited by ThePlagueRat; April 1, 2003, 17:22.
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

´´I am an old rover, tired of this life, let me follow the waterpool of life into the world of hapiness that lies on the other side of death... grant me my deepest wish that I patiently yearn for, to wander the valleys of solitude and to ride the sky on invisble wings... ´´
        Singing this song today Nuclearis Winterius the II departed to the other side. He was a wise philosopher and a good man. He departs with his mind free of crimes (note angry family of PlagueRat,who killed your father is Nuc Wint II´s brother).
        He leaves a Son, Nuclearis Winterius the III and a young daughter, Catherina Winterius.
        Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
        Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
        Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Just to make it clear, NW the II died of natural causes.
          Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
          Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
          Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Let us pray for his sole.

May the almighty God take Nuclearis Winterius II with him and my he sit at the right of the Almighty Father

May the almighty God bless the two decendants of Nuclearis Winterius and may they find a way to bear this loss.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,

Amen.

Cardinal Aidun Cian the older
            Last edited by Aidun; April 3, 2003, 06:05.
            "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
            Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

My dear father, Giovanni de Plaguatés known as the merciful forgiver, died a few days ago in a Visigoth village, as he was trying to convert these poor souls. Not all the villagers appreciated the coming of God allmighty... And at one point someone planted an axe in his skull. His apprentice Georgio la Fugazi, escaped the village and brought me these sad news.
              All that he wanted during his last days, was to unite with God...
              We will ask the church about whether he will become a saint. Well, services will be held this Sunday.

- Don Alvarez de Plaguatés.
              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

I have the painful duty to announce to you the death of the first Commander of Spain, Don Pelayo Astronicus, which was mortally wounded with the throat whereas it sharpened its sword. It will be buried tomorrow.

To the pain felt by this tragic death, comes to be added the deep sorrow which I feel by reading his last wills, into a parchment that it had entrusted to my mother after her visit of the dying Augusto Togas:

"I do not wish that my son Constantino succeeds me at the post of General. He is too young for this station and I saw too much blood in my fight against the enemy barbarians of our empire to wish him to have to endure these same experiences. Instead, I order to him to deal henceforth only of our family, the town of Barcelona and to seek the Graal"

Of course, I think that my father was taken by the emotion to see Augusto dying, but I anyway take his warning with serious, fearing that it is not about a sign of the destiny.

In order to clear up the situation, I ask king Justino to allow myself to leave for a time these functions which I recently started to assume. I need to withdraw me in a monastery close to Barcelona to meditate on the words of my father and to understand that mystery of the Graal.

I hope that the Cardinal Tacticus will be able to take care of me. I will leave the monastery only one time per week to ensure me that the management of the businesses of Barcelona is made correctly and that my family has all which it needs.

I thank the king as well as the noble ones for Spain to understand that the situation is exceptional and that I must save my soul first of all.

(OOC: I have some problems with my real life and for the moment I miss time to take up my duties of minister correctly)

Constantino Astronicus
                Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

What grave news it is, but he has died bravely. He was a worthy man. Let us all pray for his sole.

* Cardinal Aidun Cian the older raises his hands to heaven *

May the almighty God, our graceful father in heaven have mercy on his sole.

* The cardinal folds his hands his hands and prays *

Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen
                  "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                  Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Has Diego Clemente (Arnelos) passed away? I heard a rumor that he had a run-in with three cows (MOO3) or something, but I don't know if the incident was fatal.

Comment

I am sad to report that after centuries my great great uncle Juan Scriblos has croaked by coughing blood in a most inpolite manner. He will long be remembered as one of the greatest academicians in all of Spain and a thinker far ahead of his time.
                      With these words I bid thee a final fare-well.
                      Adios!

Paolo Menendez de Nuñez
                      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Oy Khavet! Another member of the Nuñez family has been found dead. Apestare Meneñdez de Nuñez has apparently been sitting in his room at the Iberian delight taverna for several decades without anyone noticing him being dead!
                        Oh what a disgrace for such a fine warrior-poet.
                        Yet it seems he has left behind an awful amount of papers...
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Passer-by

Here is lying

Christofo de Torquemada

Grand d’Espagne
                          Head of the Inquisition

His death is a tribute to the honour and the glory of Spain

He will be mourn by all those who met him and are still in life, namely :

Domenico Quesecome
                          Lunes Quesecome

Pray for him
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

So we shall, so we shall.

God have mercy upon his immortal soul.

Cardinal Calamari
                            Empire growing,
                            Pleasures flowing,
                            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                              Has Diego Clemente (Arnelos) passed away? I heard a rumor that he had a run-in with three cows (MOO3) or something, but I don't know if the incident was fatal.
                              Sadly, Diego Clemente passed away centuries ago. The incident with the three cows did not kill him, though that experience did wound him for a time. He died, seemingly, of natural causes. I suppose there will likely be speculation as to the exact cause of his death all the way into modern times, when some smarty pants will get the idea to go digging around and determine using modern technology that he died of something rather dull like cancer, debunking at least two dozen crazy conspiracy theories that remain popular.

Just my guess, though, you understand. The family hasn't exactly kept great records on such things either.
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Since he was last time seen many centuries ago, the family of Ricardo Fernández have to, sadly, declare him dead. Last time he was seen he was investigating the strange disaparitions of some other Spanish nobles. It seems that he found what had happened to them, but he was not lucky enough to tell the others.

His son Roly Fernández prays for his soul, may God accept him at the Heavens.
                                "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                                "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Working...
                                X